Active subwoofer help?

Ive just bought an Edge 10" Active subwoofer, probally not the best sub but im sure it'll do the job for now anyway... :P

Ok so ive never wired a sub up before, so therefore ive looked at some guides and that to help but none of them explain Active subs with amps pre built in..

so my question is...

do i still need to run the power cable from the battery through the car to the sub in the boot or can i just run it straight from the headunit?

and what do i do overall lol

any help apprechiated thanks :)

im guessin i will do too,

im gonna run the power cable then put the remote cable into the remote bit on the HU which shud turn the amp off wen the stereos off and on when its on..

might just pay some1 to do it for me haha

That's what you need to do. ( also an earth wire ) its easy to do.. Am sure someone you know will fit it 4 you. I would have done if you never lived so far away.

ahh yeh mate im sure some1 i know can help me lol seems pretty straight forward after watchinbg a few guides gonna give it a shot when i got some time!

yeh i live in suffolk bit far from scottish borders! lol

I've got that sub, it's alright nothing special though. power cable from battery to sub, I'd put the audio cable down the other side of the car to avoid interference, earth it and job done!

P.s - good luck finding the hole that the power cable needs to run from the battery through to the underside of the dash!

Edited by Rowan S Jones

You'll need all the same cables as you would to wire up a regular amplifier and subwoofer.

Power cable from the battery (fused for safety)

Earth cable

Remote cable from the head unit to the amplifier

RCA cables from the head unit to the amplifier (these should be run on different sides of the car from the power cables to eliminate interference)

I've got that sub, it's alright nothing special though. power cable from battery to sub, I'd put the audio cable down the other side of the car to avoid interference, earth it and job done!

P.s - good luck finding the hole that the power cable needs to run from the battery through to the underside of the dash!

long as it does the job eh m8 lol, and the hole is behind the glovebox on a seat arosa so ive heard.. how do i wire the remote cable? any help ?