Red Loop

LupoJoe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realised.. Those steelies are G60s arn't they? or similar

No Joe, Lupo Joe (this is confusing!) has G60 steelies on his blue Lupo (looks fine too :thumbsup: ), but the ones in the pic were just standard issue on all Mk2 Polos.......

Maybe the other Joe should call himself LupoFighterJoe - then we can tell you apart as one being a lover, and the other a fighter!!! :lol:

Edited by Joti

Haha yes it is confusing.. Just google'd G60 Steels and I do like them.... :) Especially with the black centre

Brand new sets are around £160 on ebay if you're tempted........ ;)

I think they're the same for various steel sizes. Silver wheels/black centres? Good plan :thumbsup:

+ lacquer. I've found halfrauds paints to be pretty damn good. Oh & some very fine wet & dry to key your colour coat before you lacquer it, think I found some in the paint section. & it's an 'I think so' but if they don't fit you could always sell them on to someone with G60s!

Edited by Koop

Sorry for being so dense but can you get silver primer?.. If not what would I use lol and do I need to use laquer and primer on a brand new wheel thats smooth and clean?

Grey primer FTW

Sand

Primer

Colour

Leave to dry 24 hours then wet & dry to key up colour coat - it'll look all dull but this is how to make it nice & shiny when you lacquer!

Make sure it's dry then lacquer

With all paints i.e. primer/colour/lacquer do a couple of coats about 15-20 mins apart. I've done colour coat after leaving primer to dry a couple of hours & it was ok, you could leave it overnight to be safe though. There's peeps on here say you should sand between every coat but I personally don't think it's necessary, primer's designed for the paint to stick to it anyway.

Grey primer FTW

Sand

Primer

Colour

Leave to dry 24 hours then wet & dry to key up colour coat - it'll look all dull but this is how to make it nice & shiny when you lacquer!

Make sure it's dry then lacquer

With all paints i.e. primer/colour/lacquer do a couple of coats about 15-20 mins apart. I've done colour coat after leaving primer to dry a couple of hours & it was ok, you could leave it overnight to be safe though. There's peeps on here say you should sand between every coat but I personally don't think it's necessary, primer's designed for the paint to stick to it anyway.

Wait 24h between Colour and Lauquer. :)

Edited by James827

Koops on the ball! Thats exactly it :) a really good clean too before you sand!

I've only done my hubcaps and interior but I needa do the steelies because there's rust showing through :(

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Curborough Sprint course today to support the MG owners club :tongueout:

Saw a standard mk1 Seat Arosa but didn't take any pics, didn't want to look like a weirdo aha :shifty:

Heres mine again though :innocent:

557781_313149255416810_100001652141945_796935_977391446_n.jpg

545251_313263305405405_100001652141945_797205_1746681520_n.jpg

• 3 months later...

Long time no see guys! Hope you're all well :D

Tiny tiny update :) will be rolling on silver steelies tomorrow :) Don't know what to do for centre caps though, any thoughts?

165999_375586859173049_1294715265_n.jpg

168868_2944725715582_1942558399_n.jpg

ooh and dads new morgan :P

534218_361334893931579_438614974_n.jpg

Sick man Joe :thumbsup: , they look like the MkII Polo steelies? Are they 14"??

I think the black bung G60 centre may fit them, but maybe someone else on here can confirm that (they fit over the bolts, and of course the pattern is the same?)

Pops' Morgan looks like a Plus4? I used to sell Morgans - one of the only cars I know that can actually appreciate in value over time! ;)

Edited by Joti

I didn't clean the tires but instead I took the bump strips off despite being scared stiff as all the guides on here say different things.. My hands are also covered in bits of skin coming off from that dam string :(

The scary bit

IMG-20120705-00469.jpg

The rewards

IMG-20120705-00477.jpg

IMG-20120705-00476.jpg

at least it's over now.. thoughts? and I know it needs lows :P