mk1 golf gti cabriolet

lewrssll

Make: volkswagen

Model: golf cabriolet gti

MOT: may 2012

TAX: nil

Engine size: 1800

Fuel type: petrol....is there any other kind?

Description including modifications: alot

price : £1500 ono

I have decided to sell my mk1 golf, I need to raise money for another purchase.

I bought it on the 5th november 2009 and was owned by a member on here. The body work was not in good shape, ie all the stone chips etc was sprayed over with halfords glacier white paint. Although it done the job of protecting it, it needed reprayed so I have done this and there was no rust of the body or the underside. there was tiny bits to where the screws/rivits go in for the arches so they were tackled.

the engine is nice and strong and was in the middle of a wee upgrade but i have never had to use the car so not got it finished yet. I will have it all finished soon. There is a whole folder of receipts for the car!

Engine:

basically the engine is std, it has a 4 branch manifold with full jetex system. the system was fitted at trix and only drove it down the road. It does need tuned as the exhaust does glow red at the monifold. simple fix.

Brakes:

brand new rears

brand new fronts with rear pipes all done

Wheels:

some sort of 14" racewolf wheel but all tyres are brand new and all the same.

body:

the body is rust free and has had all the fittings replaced with genuine OEM items over the years of ownership. there is no scruffs to the bumpers or anything.

suspension:

brand new raceland coilover suspension,

interior:

porsche 944 steering wheel

3 guages in centre consol, i have the oil pressure sender and wiring but needs to be installed

i put leatherette seats in it, stripped the covers off and put the new ones on but just need a wee stretch and it will look great again.

two bad bits is that it has a navy blue carpet and i was going to dye it black, easy job but it requires the interior out. also the speakers at the front need installed properly.

basically needs time spent on it rather than money.

lovely honest wee car and I got it mot in may last year as a spare car for if the lupo died but it has been as good as gold, so need to sell this as i need the space.

round up of issues.

interior carpet needs changed

guages wired up

tune up to fix heating of the exhaust

duck bill needs to go on the front valance

I do have a rake of spares that will go with the car if need be and i also was going to put cavalier v6 brakes on the front but never done that either. will come with car if the price is good. These bolt directly on so no need for adaptors etc.

3rdapr042.jpg

golfmk1006.jpg

Edited by lewrssll

only selling it as I got my 1975 panel van coming home :yes: but the driveway is full to the brim....I have the other cars up for sale too but nothing seems to shift these days. Whats with the reg plate mate? normally I can make a word out of them lol but what do you see :thumbsup: