Spinning door lock, door won't open :(

tricky one ! the barrel itself has a small paddle shaped piece which locates in the lock (IIRC) its plastic, so could have split i suppose, but as for the door not opening at all, are you able to check if the cable (behind the door card) from the back of the door pull is operating the mechanism ?

Yeah i could try that. Iv'e had the door card off and pulled the cable and the mechanism moves, don't know if it moves enough tho. maybe wd40 the mechanism?

Getting in the passenger side is getting annoying :(

not sure what to suggest next. . .might be worth trying the search section on the site, doors and locks comes up quite often

I'm gonna wait until my lock repair kit arrives before i have a proper go at opening the door, don't wanna open it and not be able to fix it and maybe not lock again :s

Yeah there is a lot about door locks, cant seem to find any that wont open from the inside though.

I'll update this thread if i manage to sort it, thanks for the help! :)

• you need a very short flat head screwdriver, or the piece of snapped paddle that locates in the lock mechanism( just a slot) now it is very tricky and you are doing this blind by feel, you need to locate the slot and insert screwdriver/paddle and twist just as it would if you were using the key, this will open the door allowing the handle to be removed for lock repair.

Coulod you install a remote locking kit so the key isnt needed?

Would i be able to install it without opening the door though?

• you need a very short flat head screwdriver, or the piece of snapped paddle that locates in the lock mechanism( just a slot) now it is very tricky and you are doing this blind by feel, you need to locate the slot and insert screwdriver/paddle and twist just as it would if you were using the key, this will open the door allowing the handle to be removed for lock repair.

Will be giving this a try! Thanks :)

Edited by cory

The lock repair kit doesnt assemble easily! Ive just done mine and recommend you watch this vid as it helped me :)

Thanks for the link!

Still cant open the door to do it though. I got my repair kit so i had a go at opening the door today, both handles do operate the mechanism.

The paddle and circlip are on the lock, so should i take them out and do what the paddle does with a screwdriver?

Really getting anoying now :(

Edited by cory

All done! :) took about an hour to prise the circlip off the paddle with two screwdrivers, then lots of broken parts fell out lol. the door opened from the inside then :)

Thanks for the help everyone!

My drivers door does the same, the key just spins and spins, have no idea what to do with it, the door cards loose so I can unlock it and lock it from the inside? Anyone know what I need and how to fix this?

If you can open your door from the inside, youll be able to repair it. You'll need a door lock repair kit for a lupo off ebay, should be around £10, the video posted above will show you how to do it. To get the barrel out open your door and the will be a grommet in the side/shut of the door, take it off and undo the torx bolt (don't take it completely out) untill you can pull the barrel out from the outside of the door.

It's not easy to do though! Good luck!