Not again, coil pack?

bramrich

Hi everyone,

Im sorry i have to post another topic about coil packs but im lost as to what to do next,

I first had problems around a month ago when i was driving my 1.4E 2004 with 87k when all of a sudden i got a missfire and it just got worse and worse as i limped home, it was a struggle to get home and i had to pull over at one point.

I automatically thought it must be the coil pack/ spark plugs as ive heard of these problems on the car. so i changed both and it ran spot on. Now then, i didnt use the car for a while after that until today, i took it for a run and it ran fine until after about 20 minutes, it started with a slight missfire, just a quick jolt, then it ran ok again, then it happened again. I parked up for a while then on my way home it got worse and worse until it even cut out on two occasions when i was slowing down at a junction and had to bum start it to get it going again.

Now i was wondering if anyone had ever bought a faulty coil pack as it wasnt a well known brand before or could it be something completely different?

Thank you for any ideas.