Sunglasses holder on a Lupo - Fitting a Corsa one!

Not the most exciting interior mod this one, but solves the annoyance I have of my sunglasses sliding from one side of the shelf to the other everytime I turn a corner.

Looking around for a sunglasses holder and the VW ones are a bit pricey, typically around £15 on ebay, but the Vauxhall ones are nearer £5 some even less, so I took a gamble and ordered one.

It fits in place of the interior grab handle on drivers side and is nearly a direct replacement, just needed to push out the bushes on the fitting holes and slightly elongate the holes a bit, then screw into place. Takes about 5 mins and saves you a few quid on the VW part.

There's loads on ebay like the following:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4535714404&rd=1

ef_1.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Yep, good point. Used the original screws, actually cut them down about 1cm as bracket wasn't as thick as the grab handle and didn't fancy a dented roof.

I figure with the addition of just three more of these I'll have doubled the storage capacity of the Loop!

• 2 weeks later...

Well by popular request here it is, matches fairly with my interior, and just needed the locating pegs cutting off and the holes widened slightly. I used the original Lupo screws but cut them down about 2cm as the plastic they screw through ain't as think and didn't want nipples on the roof of the car.

Ta to Tigz for hosting for me.

• 1 year later...

Old threads revisited!!

Just fitted a VXR sunglasses case from Ebay to my GTi,

looks nice and OEM style and was dead easy to fit.

VXR sunglasses case is black and goes well with my black

headlining, was not sure if VW did a black sunglasses case and I

am really happy with the results I got.

Old threads revisited!!

Just fitted a VXR sunglasses case from Ebay to my GTi,

looks nice and OEM style and was dead easy to fit.

VXR sunglasses case is black and goes well with my black

headlining, was not sure if VW did a black sunglasses case and I

am really happy with the results I got.

VW ones come in grey or beige only me thinks. Is the headlining black in all GTI's?

Any pics mate?

I'm lucky enough to have a gray headlining so I was fine to use a couple of Beetle cases, intrested to see how the black ones look smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Any pics mate?

I'm lucky enough to have a gray headlining so I was fine to use a couple of Beetle cases, intrested to see how the black ones look smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Not too sure how to host/post photo's so no pics at the mo, sorry.

The Ebay shop is Here, comms can be a little slow with these folks

but the product is really good, I had no need to cut bolts down or

any of that faff so it was all done in just a few mins biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I bought one of these on Friday, should hopefully arrive tomorrow. i will post pics up as soon as I have it on.

Be careful with the bolts you refit, I read people have damaged

their car roofs when refitting the bolts, I had no probs just thought

I would mention the roof issue though!

Look forward to the pics!

No its a black Vauxhall one, as in the ebay link a few posts back. It never arrived today though! mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I had some probs with the supplier but it was just 2 days late,

think he quoted supply problems...

typical stores excuse of not getting stock in before you sell it IMO.

Hope your case arrives soon.

Arrived today! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Ordered Friday. Not too bad I suppose. But I got it delivered to my work address and today is the one day I'm not in work! I'll get it on tonight and post up some pics asap.