SOLD

mat.m.

I have an ebay one that looks identical, works best in the rain (clouds keep the signal strong). Distrupts when near ambulance, police, fire or taxi depots or vehicles. Crap signal in rural areas.

All with an aerial booster.

it all depends where u are and what station youre listening to ,with my home made stubby i get hee haw reception at my house but when i drive into town its loud and clear, but as i head out of town again, it starts to go,

Is that compared to the original?

I ran without an aerial for a week (someone stole mine - hence reason for the shark fin) and I had no issues. You may have other underlying issues.

Yeah, compared to the original *without* the signal booster. The original was perished and the base loading coil was starting to be exposed to the elements which was why I wanted a change.

I drive the same road every Wednesday and used to be able to receive the radio flawlessly for the whole 50 miles, now there is a 15 mile black hole where I can't get anything but white noise on any station.

To be honest its about the same as the original base without the mast screwed in.

• 1 month later...

I woud be interested in taking this mate, just a quick question though... Is it a direct plug into the oem non gti aerial cable or does it need an adaptor and is it suitable for a dab/non dab radio?

Thanks