tyres !

hey guys i put my new wheels and tyres on 2 weeks agop and the rears are wearing excesivley on inside edge of both the rear tyres, i dont run any camber shims or anything like that , am i correct in saying that the rear wheels are not adjustable tracking wise ?

anybody have any ideas as tio why the inside edge of both the rear tyres are wearingt so fast , il get a pic to show u how bad it is after work ,

cheers guys

gav

Somthing might be bent.

I'm pretty sure there is pretty much no adjustment in the rear so my best guess is either something isnt where it should be or somthing is bent/broken.

Take the car to somewhere that can do the tracing/alingment and ask them to check it over.

im on lowerd springs mate but the guy who had the car before me put them on , i think they are -40 springs ,the wheels are wolfrace octanes but the older style ones 7j ,i could not find the et on the wheels when i put them on ! :s but i know the front wheels are bang on inline with the arch if you know whet i mean , no poke no tuck , but the rear is defos the lip on the arch that is catching the outer of the tire , i can see the sctatch marks on the tire , tire size is 195 50r15 82h - thats exacly what is says on the tire , anybody know whow much a rear beam would set me back ? im getting a rear arb for Christmas so i want everything else straight before that goes on ,here are pics of the wheels

PC040115.jpg

PC040114.jpg

thanks for the help

gav

Edited by gavinhendy

195/50/15 are known to rub on all but a standard set up and from looking at that pic, I'd say you're lower than -40mm.

Check for rubbing on the inner arch as alreay suggested. And if you need new tyres get 195\45\15.

Well on my old mini the rubber cones sagged and went bouncy wad just wondering if the same would apply to a tired spring ?

Gav

nono i dont think so. there meant to last and i guess the mini cones were MUCH older