FAO anyone who's re-uphostered seats

Koop

I know there's at least one of you on here...

Need some advice, having a bit of a mare converting mk4 golf seats (see http://forums.clublu...showtopic=85039) & while I was deconstructing them it occurred to me that it might make more sense to just take the foam & covers off the golf seat backs & fit them onto the loop seats as they're almost identical, I did start trying to take the back off one of the loop seats but couldn't unhook all the wires holding everything together - how do you do this and, perhaps more importantly, how do you hook them back up again so your cloth sits nice & snug? (cos i'm sure some bolt croppers would have them off but then i'd be b*ggered lol)

Obviously I've asked for advice on making the conversion work in the other thread but this way could be a whole lot easier in the long run.

Thanking you in advance :)

Edited by Koop

Ok so it looks like I'll just be grinding down the mk4 seats to fit, but I have a new question! how does one go about getting the covers on & off the rear seat backs? cos I'd like to dye them black to match the golf fronts but I can't even see how the get the backs out of the car tbh lol

I'll be honest, I have mine in at the trimmers to change over all of the seat covers, £25.00 per cover, have done this once before and it took ages to get them to sit right,

Angelo