Urgent...Get to back of hub - How?

He has cross threaded 2 of the threads on one of the front hubs and has been lead to believe that its possible to retap from the back but this will essentially mean the wheels are held on by bugger all.

If you still chose to go ahead regardless of the potential problem I assume you can just take the wheel off and turn it to full lock

Sorry for the vagueness, was in a rush. Its sorted now, torqued up correctly but only time will tell if, like Bickerton says, my wheel will fall off. Found the source of the problem though.

Wrong style wheel bolts. Only going two threads into the hub...lucky it stripped out before i drove it anywhere really.

Yeah, im not good with terminology. I go to art school ffs! haha!

One and a half turns max were buggered - so hopefully itl be ok.

And yes, wrong wheel bolts 99hjhm. The taper on the bolt didn't match the taper on the alloy, so they wouldn't seat properly. Basically resulting in maybe 4mm of threads sitting inside the alloy wheel. Plus a 3mm spacer, plus the brake disc meant there wasnt any threads in the hub itself.

yeah, thats them. Believe it's 60 degrees though (?)

The easiest ones to get are 26mm- giving me 2mm less thread than standard VW alloy wheel bolts.

Just didn't want to go too long and hit the abs ring...dont know how big the clearance is though.

mate when i was needing wheel bolts i went to my local alloy wheel supplier and asked what bolts he had in, let me away with half a dozen and told to go take my pick and come back to him with what ones i needed. i wouldnt be faffing about with wheel nuts mate, it might cost a couple of quid, but when its important you cant risk it