seats/back issues

Lupoo1992

hey guys,

i struggle with back problems and the standard lupo seats arent particualy helping,

they are really springy and ive been advised to try get stiff ones by my GP,

would you say reclining seats, or fixed position seats are the best?

many thanks people,

jordan

Fixed position will be alot harder to get in and out off also you'll get a lot more of the bounce coming thru to you. mk4 golf recaros are more or less straight swap in the front and will most likely be more supportive

cheers mate,

massive help :)

Interesting, I have trouble with my back too, hence ignoring everyone telling me to get coilovers lol

Interesting, I have trouble with my back too, hence ignoring everyone telling me to get coilovers lol

i think this is where im weird haha,

my backs in more pain when the car is bouncing about,

i prefer to have something stiff and rigid :S

haha

I'm actually loving the softer suspension on me loop, had a clio III before & it was a nightmare, stiff suspension & stiff seats which don't hold you in round corners (& don't really allow for short legs like mine!) could feel every bump in the road through my back, now I feel them through the steering wheel, y'know, like a proper car haha Just going for 40mm springs to tighten her up a bit should be sweet, do want to replace the seats at some point though cos you're right they're not very supportive

I'm actually loving the softer suspension on me loop, had a clio III before & it was a nightmare, stiff suspension & stiff seats which don't hold you in round corners (& don't really allow for short legs like mine!) could feel every bump in the road through my back, now I feel them through the steering wheel, y'know, like a proper car haha Just going for 40mm springs to tighten her up a bit should be sweet, do want to replace the seats at some point though cos you're right they're not very supportive

haha, ive got some coils on mine, and to be honest, the roads where i mostly drive are smooth so i dont really feel bumps or anything like that, the only time i feel bumps is speed bumps tbh, but i go about 5mph over them,

the next thing i wana change is my seats, then i think ill be about reyt :)

i think this is where im weird haha,

i prefer to have something stiff and rigid :S

Homo.

Try to find a set of mk4 golf seats with optional lumbar support, that'll sort out your seating problem. . . . .

Homo.

Try to find a set of mk4 golf seats with optional lumbar support, that'll sort out your seating problem. . . . .

haha cheers rich haha

ive had a look around on ebay,seen some going for about 100-150, so imma place some bids!

cheers guys :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got me some Mk4 Recaros & I can heartily recommend them, the golf back onto lupo base method didn't work though, not sure if this is because I have the rarer fully folding loop seats, but I'm just going to grind the golf bases down which should work much better - they fit straight in but catch on the floor so won't move forward/back - there's a guide to the grinding method with pics here: http://forums.clublu...showtopic=26932

Even though it's still a bit of a work in progress the seats are awesome, so much more comfortable & supportive, hold you in so much better round the corners which stops me from tensing my back to counteract the centrifugal force, no more loop hoop headrests too woohoo!

Also try and check out the Lupo GTi seats, I have them in my arosa and with my back they are a million times better than the lupo and arosa standard ones, also, when I get coilies, for only dropping 50mm will it be more rigid than shorter springs and shocks?

Yeah Lupo GTI seats will be a much easier fit tbf lol

I'd say coilies cranked down would generally be stiffer than lowering springs/shocks but it all depends on what coilies, springs & shocks we're talking about as there are different damping & spring rates isnit. Springs & shocks should absorb the bumps better though. This is all theory tbf, someone with experience of both would be able to advise you better