Alloy Wheel Refurbish Deal - Glasgow

FunkyNutbar

Evening all,

Saw this deal on LivingSocial (like Groupon)

http://livingsocial.com/cities/69/deals/171663-alloy-wheel-repair-for-one-wheel

Glasgow based company, 1 day remaining on deal. £38 for one wheel, PowderTec. Never used them but thought I'd fire it up here.

Ta.

ditch that mate, they are really expencive! the last time i got a set of wheels done, i got them refurbed and powder coated for £25 a wheel for a 15. the company used to be in whiteinch but moved to east kilbride! the guy is really good, i had him also powder coat the metal patio furniture which has been in the garden ever since and thats been about 3/4 years and still looks brand new!

OLW got a name? My alloys are jiggered, pressure washed the wheels the other day and the paint came off two spokes on the rear. The fronts are heavily kerbed by previous owner (and let out air because of it).

When you say refurbed and powder coated did that involve fixing kerbing or just sandblast and powder? £25 a wheel seems really affordable compared to most places, boy in Stirling is £150 just for the powder coat on 4.

Edited by puggled

yeah they will sandblast them , fix the kerbing and then powdercoat them for you. they have a good selection of colours as well mate. i went for the sparkly silver when i done my wheels.

umm... i cant remember the name of it but is on arrotshole road in east kilbride. the first unit on that road is a kwik fit and im sure its the last unit on that road