gavinhendy's lupo

gavinhendy

here is my lupo i baught 2 months ago , in verry good condition for a car with 103,000 miles on the clock , baught it as the engine in my mini packed up and its off the road for a rebuild ,

im really happy with the lupo apart from the way it corners :( i dont know if its just because Im used to driving the mini but it under steers like a bitch and dos not feel stable , anybody tell me the best mods i can get to solve the problem ?

it currently sits on some crappy wheels that came with the car with toyo tires , 40mm lowered springs and standard dampers so i guess they wont be helping the handling lol ,

here it is afer i gave it a good wash

Mobile Valeting Swansea

IMAG0215.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

took the side strips off , need to get some tar and bug remover to get the last of the gunk off ,

IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0299.jpg

IMAG0300.jpg

dis some colour coding

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0295.jpg

And pinched this out of the mini IMAG0294.jpg, my mate had a fire in the boot of his golf so im not taking any chances

then this happened , one truly mangled pedal box and no clutch to drive home i had to bump it and crawl home im second with the hazards going lol

IMAG0303.jpg

so ive started on getting the old pedal box out and am now stuck on the shear bolts , ive tried with a hammer and chisel with no luck so ive orderd an easy out kit witch should get them out ,

also stripped interior to find where he water leak was coming from IMAG0305.jpg, as when i went to run a power feed to my sub the underlay was soaking , the underlay is drying out now and getting a general freshening up as it was really smelly , the water must have been there for years :(

That's it so far until my easy out arrives to i can do the pedal box .

gav

Edited by gavinhendy

thanks for the advice boys , been looking into getting a rear arb , and a front one as mine is quite rusted and looks like it could split at any time lol ,

its getting a matt black vinyl wrap at the end of the month and the wheels are going matt white , having a bash at doing it myself after reading so many how to's lol

• 2 weeks later...

awsome looks like il have to buy one then ,

gavi it a good washing and detailing today :D

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0121-1.jpg

IMAG0115-1.jpg

IMAG0099-1.jpg

IMAG0099-1.jpg

still have some gunk left from taking the badge off to be sprayed :o

IMAG0074-2.jpg

i like its stance in thiat pic

IMAG0069-2.jpg

IMAG0069-2.jpgand a dodgey repair behind one of the bump strips i took off :( damn previous owners !!!!

hope you like the pics

gav

• 4 weeks later...

well got sum pics of the lupo with a fresh coat of wax and the new wheels on , the lighting and bad camera did the car no justice at all , hoaping for a nice sunny day tomorrow to get some good pictures , heres a few terrible ones for now if anybodys interested ,

PC030079.jpg

PC030075.jpg

PC030077.jpg

PC030078.jpg

havent got a clue what was going on with the colours in the last picture ,

the wheels are wolfrace street octanes , not the wheels i was hoaping for ! but they do have a nicer offset and a bit of a dish , its a pit stop to some nicer wheels , and at 220 buks new with yoko tires i couldnt say no

Edited by gavinhendy

Yeah they are much better . I'm going to polish up the lips next weekend to a nice mirrors finish as they are a little dull ,

Not ditching the old ones yet though as they have good toyo proxies , I'm sanding them down as we speek. I'm going to spray them black , get 2 paint brushes one with red paint and one with yellow , flick some funky shapes on them and seal them with laquer , they will be hood winter wheels. :-)

some tea leaves pinched my black vw badge off the boot aswell :-0 ! Buggers !

Sounds good to me , :-) may just do that on payday , cant wait to get my rear arb for crimbo now , the handling at speed is terrible ,

Also a question if anybody can help , on my old wheels the tires had worn on the inside on the back , only had the new tires on a week and I can notice a little tiny bit of wear on the inside on both wheels already ! But as I can see there arent realy any bushes that can fail , what can I do ???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...