Bubbling roof - Covered under 10 year warranty?

Noticed that my roof has started bubbling slightly so I took it straight into VW who sent me to their Listers bodyshop (Coventry).

The bodyshop told me that it was a common problem on the lupo but it wasn't covered until the 10 year paint guarantee as it is related to the seal and as it's on a 'bend in the metal'.

Apparently VW will only pay 70% of the cost and the guy wanted me to pay £250 to get it sorted out! (Meaning it's supposed to cost over £800...?)

I know other people that have got this sorted out and VW have paid for it.

Is it worth me travelling over to Leicester/Birmingham to another VW bodyshop to see if it’s covered?

Amber

The guy took photos and said he'd keep them for 30 days in case I wanted to get it done which meant I didn't have to have all the paint tests done again but he definitely didn't send them off to anyone.

I suggest you use a different bodyshop then. Seems like they know the repair will be authourised, and are after an extra £250 from you as well as the money theywill be credited by VW UK. Although that doesnt seem like something a VW bodyshop would do!

I suggest you use a different bodyshop then. Seems like they know the repair will be authourised, and are after an extra £250 from you as well as the money theywill be credited by VW UK. Although that doesnt seem like something a VW bodyshop would do!

Yeah I reckon I'm going to take it over to Lecister and see what they say.

Maybe because it's Listers and not just VW, they try and scam you more?

Either way I'm not paying £250!

They wanted to charge me £220 to get my sills redone as well - EACH!

Get it in writing if possible even if they say no or yes, you can always mention that your solicter has recomended that it be covered in writing. A vw dealer would normally honour the warranty, as soon as they have to put their name to a letterhead it makes them think twice about their response.

good luck stevie

Get it in writing if possible even if they say no or yes, you can always mention that your solicter has recomended that it be covered in writing. A vw dealer would normally honour the warranty, as soon as they have to put their name to a letterhead it makes them think twice about their response.

good luck stevie

Will do - cheers for that :)

A hugely extensive thread already exists.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=83821&hl=&fromsearch=1

They are currently saying NO to everbody who deosnt have vw service history and offerring others like yourself money towards it.

But is that fair? if they are putting any money towards it, it is because they KNOW it is a genuine claim and they are trying to cut their own losses by appearing as genuine as possible. if you asked them to respray your bonnet because of stonechips, they would say no because it is cosmetic, however when u ask them "so what would you define the roof as" - they are stuffed cos they cant say that its cosmetic too, they have to admit it is a manufacturers fault and that it is covered FULLY by warrenty.

2 or 3 people on here have sent applications to bbc watchdog but have heard absolutely nothing back from them, i am still debating small claims court.

No right-minded jury would find in VW's favour.

if you asked them to respray your bonnet because of stonechips, they would say no because it is cosmetic, however when u ask them "so what would you define the roof as" - they are stuffed cos they cant say that its cosmetic too, they have to admit it is a manufacturers fault and that it is covered FULLY by warrenty.

No, they wont replace the bonnet because stone chips are not caused by a manufacturing issue. It has nothing to do with if its cosmetic or not.

No right-minded jury would find in VW's favour.

It doesnt matter if they would, as its not a criminal matter and as such there wouldnt be a jury.

caused by a manufacturing issue

It doesnt matter if they would, as its not a criminal matter and as such there wouldnt be a jury.

The fact that it is a manufacturing issue is them admitting it is a standard fault that they are obliged to fix.

didnt know there was no jury at all, but still think they should do mine, i was in no way in breach of the guidelines - they said it had been there too long despite taking it to them the same day i found it...

The fact that it is a manufacturing issue is them admitting it is a standard fault that they are obliged to fix.

Yes, thats right.

I was referring to your comment about them repainting the bonnet due to stone chips

Yes, thats right.

I was referring to your comment about them repainting the bonnet due to stone chips

that was my point about the stone chips - that it is cosmetic and that they cant consider the repairs to the rust on the roof to be a favour.