Pedel box - Goodwill gesture?

After reading the "definitive Pedal Box" thread, I am 99% sure that mine is on its way out, so it needs to be changed sooner rather than later. I phoned my local VW dealer today and explained everything and mentioned that it was a common fault etc but it got me no where. I then decided to phone VW customer care and after practically arguing with the guy that it was a manufactoring fault he kept telling me that its because the car is 10 years old and that it would probably be due to its age.

I was just wondering if anyone has had their pedal box changed in the last year and if they recevied any money off from VW?

Thanks for your help,

Ben

The good will for the pedal box was cars of 8 years and younger. I was pushing it with mine but it just scraped through.

The pedal box it's self is not costly at all it's the fact they have to take out the whole dash to get to it. Having just taken out the dash i am amazed they can do it all in 3 hours :lol:

The good will for the pedal box was cars of 8 years and younger. I was pushing it with mine but it just scraped through.

The pedal box it's self is not costly at all it's the fact they have to take out the whole dash to get to it. Having just taken out the dash i am amazed they can do it all in 3 hours :lol:

They know something you dont, being...You dont have to take the whole dash out yo ;)

They know something you dont, being...You dont have to take the whole dash out yo ;)

Well its a bloody good thing i didn't pay for it then haha. They told me it was a whole dash out job hence the stupidly high labor cost. That would also be why i never take my cars to VW unless i really have to.

Edited by Unheard

My car was 7 years 10 months old when mine went and had a full service history with a vw dealership and they still told me they wouldn't do it as a goodwill gesture :( was proper ragin about it!!! also it was just the stearing column that had to come out