wilwood calipers

Richud

thinking about gettin some wilwoods on the front of the lupo. i just have one question, will they work with my g60 discs?(brembo max 280mmx22mm) i believe i need the same kit that rally design sell for the mk2 golf.

i phoned rally design today and the guy wasnt sure if they would work or not.

I have the rally design mk2 kit.

There was an issue with something though, I can't remember what it was as I didn't order them. Seem to think that you're better off with a mk1 Golf kit though, as they have the wrong disc listed for the mk2 kit. Just checked and the part numbers for the discs on the mk1 and mk2 kit are different, despite both being listed as 280x20. Think it may be a jap-pcd disc, but they refuse to accept that it's the wrong one. :wacko:

I'll try to find out at the weekend and let you know.

:)

i've got wilwoods on mine but i had to modify my wishbone to get mk2 golf hubs on and use a mk2 kit...

the sport hubs must be different to the GTI ones then? did you buy them as a complete set? need to know if theres any difference between the g60 discs and the ones with the set.

the sport hubs must be different to the GTI ones then? did you buy them as a complete set? need to know if theres any difference between the g60 discs and the ones with the set.

i'm not sure on the sport and gti hubs but i just wanted to be on the safe side and not get them and they were wrong so i modifie my wishbones to take mk2 golf ball joints and the mk2 hubs fit right in... which also means the wilwood kit should fit... but i'm in the pipeline of sorting proper motorsport type wishbones atm so it makes life easier for other people too.

I asked at the weekend, apparently they send out brake discs for the rear of some Japanese car with the mk2 kit.

The discs that come with it have the wrong offset, but only by 0.5mm, so they still fit fine.

Still not sure about the extra 2mm thickness on the G60 discs though, sorry.

They are awesome stoppers though.

As far as I know, the Sport, TDI and GTI have the same hubs. I assume that parv above has the 1.4 16v 75bhp, which have the same hubs as the 1.0 and SDI.

Correct! However lots of people like to claim the S means sport but it doesnt. It just means its the better spec with electric windows etc... Whilst the E has get fit windows