Bikerz - 1.9 TDI Lupo

Bikerz

:lol: . I do the Beng at Swansea, so less hands on than the BSc but by far the "better" qualification to have. Suits me as I have destroyed my body in a bike accident and need a desk job (I was a Sparky by trade).

Mate did it at Hud, did year 1 and dropped it for Transport and Logistic (Baged himself a 36k a year job now with M and S) many dropped it as it was a poor uni to do it at (Hence I never went). Any better now?

We get our hands dirty as we build loads of stuff including a rally lupo (see RR). I tend to get labeled as office bitch as I can ring suppliers and flirt to get free stuff, do the calculations and theory stuff while they all do their backs in lifting and cutting stuff (Normally thenselves) :surprised:

http://forums.clublu...showtopic=81695

Yeah i went in for the Beng but didnt have the A-level maths they wanted so i'm stuck on the BSc Motorsport technology. its pretty good. most of the lecturers are pretty passionate so that helps. on placement until next august though so i'm getting paid for a year at uni.... cant argue lol.

Sorry to hear bout the accident fella. not much room for error when you're not inside the piece of metal with an engine is there. one of my friends at uni used to do a lot of MotoX but he had a couple of bad accidents so packed it in before he killed himself. impaling his face on a tree branch through his helmet was the final straw i think haha.

Getting free stuff eh.... like arbs? hehe put an order in for two :tongueout:

Yeah I have a HNC in Electrical Engineering so I started on 2nd year on BEng. Saying that I didnt do A level maths, so had to do a maths test and they said yes you can count so you can start on 2nd year :lol: . Bugger me though the maths is hard, applied maths is fine, but this intergration and differentation can catch you out. Bike accident was some dim witted women in a 4x4 took me out, need I say more :rolleyes:

Who you on placement with?

i understood as soon as you said "woman"

yeah it is. i took maths at alevel and blitzed the mechanical stuff but some of the applied core maths... mixed with the discovery of a substance called al-cho-hol meant i failed that exam.

On placement at a completely irrelevant plave called KosoKentIntrol, its good though dont get me wrong. third week here and its great. but not exactly motorsport haha. We manufacture valves for Shell and BP and such that go into "severe service" all of them are bespoke pretty much so it stimulating in that regard. and its helping a lot with my cad skills. better than uni and you get paid... lol. What you hoping to do when you finish? got a job lined up?

Biking world -

Car driver - Fuc**ed

Women - Fuc**ed

Old - Fuc**ed

4x4 - Fuc**ed

Fuc**ed on all counts! :lol:

I was given a 50/50 chance of living and told Id never walk again.

Harvey Beltrum is my uncles mate (so thats a back door in so to speak if I need it) - Hes Repsol Honda team manger is the bike world if you dont know. Id like a desk job pretty much rather than a travel the world with a race team one. Ive got old and boring before my time at the age of 24. I dont drink so no excuses there for me (Tho more money for cars and bikes)

Edited by Bikerz

Haha yeah one moer;

anything else on the road at all (including lampposts and wet leaves)- Fuc**ed

you're doing pretty well on 50% then you up and walking around now? a group of my friends were in a car crash just over three years ago one died(passenger), one had no injuries(driver) except a bang on the head that's practically wiped his memory and all his motor and speech skills, and there were three in the back the two either side were fine but the girl in the middle shattered her femur and knee along with various other injuries. I dont think you're much safer in a car sometimes.

My uncle came off his bike into a field and got thrown.... which was lucky because his bike then set the field on fire haha, he was fine about 50 feet away from the bike. luck of the draw sometimes I guess.

Do you still ride your bike then? must have been a nightmare to get back on it!

thats a handy friend for your uncle to have. and as for getting old before your time i've just moved in with the missus, bought a pair of kittens, and i'm selling my rapid mercedes in favour of an oil burner.... haha.

on another note how in the hell do you insure all your cars and biikes if you're only 24 haha

Haha yeah one moer;

anything else on the road at all (including lampposts and wet leaves)- Fuc**ed

you're doing pretty well on 50% then you up and walking around now? a group of my friends were in a car crash just over three years ago one died(passenger), one had no injuries(driver) except a bang on the head that's practically wiped his memory and all his motor and speech skills, and there were three in the back the two either side were fine but the girl in the middle shattered her femur and knee along with various other injuries. I dont think you're much safer in a car sometimes.

My uncle came off his bike into a field and got thrown.... which was lucky because his bike then set the field on fire haha, he was fine about 50 feet away from the bike. luck of the draw sometimes I guess.

Do you still ride your bike then? must have been a nightmare to get back on it!

thats a handy friend for your uncle to have. and as for getting old before your time i've just moved in with the missus, bought a pair of kittens, and i'm selling my rapid mercedes in favour of an oil burner.... haha.

on another note how in the hell do you insure all your cars and biikes if you're only 24 haha

Insurance isnt too bad really. CB1300 I ride now is £97 fully comp for the year! (I love Bike insurance). Lupo GTI is about £600 fully comp with everything decleared. TT isnt insured at the min as it bits and probally wont be for a while as have a trailor for track daying her. Yeah walking around and even doing work on my car (Tho I do tend to use garages more now just as the pain is too much the next few days after). Fitting coilovers to GTI next week but will try and get a mate to come round and help. I cant put wheels on because of my shoulders so Mrs does that bit for me.

you sound like you've got it sorted mate, scar tissue aches is it? and i want bike insurance.... if i knock out my reverse gear and put a bike engine in my lupo you rekon the insurance would classify me as a bike haha.

you sound like you've got it sorted mate, scar tissue aches is it? and i want bike insurance.... if i knock out my reverse gear and put a bike engine in my lupo you rekon the insurance would classify me as a bike haha.

Scar tissue? :lol: I Have a broken pelvis still so I have 2 lovley bones sticking out my left side, both my shoulder lump up. A scar on arm and a scar on back.

Statistics show how soo little accidents are ever a motorcyclists fault thats why they are soo cheap (Also helps with car insurance when I used to say I have a 160mph Bright Green Ninja in the garage, and Advanced Riding Quali)

my friend had scar tissue in his shoulder from an accident. it used to give him grief all the time after he did any work so thought it may be similar. had surgery to remove it in the end. but i suppose your pelvis being in ninety five pieces wont help either haha.

and yeah its being pulled out on or into thats themain cause i bet. always fancied a bike but its a lot of money to have lessons/ tests etc. and then helmet, leathers, gloves boots, bike ins tax...... haha lots of money i dont have.

had an episode last year where my car was hit while parked at work.... i was in work at the time nowhere near it. and my insurance tried to say that because thered been a collision i was a higher risk and put my premium up. so i told them to f*ck off and stopped paying lol managed to get my proof of NCD back though haha. its a pain that the companies know they can charge whatever they fancy because it a legal requirement to have insurance.

I've always said. i'd happily pay £2 - 3k straight away for insurance if it was a one off payment unlimited untiil you had an accident. then fair enough pay more. but it sucks for those of us who get stung when its not our fault.... anyway rant over haha.

lol. Nice rant buddy!

My rant would be all these people who claim for falling over at work cos they didnt look where they were walking, or even if someone did leave somthing in the way, look where your going and move it. Im a sparky by trade, If I claimed for every stupid thing that someone else did Id be a multi millionaire by now.

It gives people like me who claimed for a large sum after my accident a bad name! Id gladley pay back every penny and more if you could take this pain away!

yeah i agree mate. theres compo for compo's sake then theres cases like yours and my friends. i was reading in the paper yesterday about a family who had like 9 kids but refused to accept any benefits for it. instead they did this weird thing that not many people are doing nowadays and got a job and worked fu**ing hard at it. it just makes me angry at all thse people who think they're "entitled" to benefits just cos they can't keep their legs shut or are too lazy to work. i could go on about how fat people who claim disability should be euthanised but thats a topic for another day. lol