I'm from the USA and a noob to this forum

rob

I'm from the USA and I love the lupo GTI, I want one so bad.

I'm doing a report for school on lupo and bringing it over to the US.

what do you guys like about yours and can you think of any resons that it shold come over to the US.

thanks and I'm so jelose. :cry:

QUOTE(rob)
can you think of any resons that it shold come over to the US.

Most of the reasons why I like my Lupo (and other Euro/Jap cars) don't apply in the US

Our roads are so different to yours, as are the gas prices, and the distances we travel per journey

If I lived in the states I'd be a bit nervous driving such a small car amongst so many large cars

If I lived in the states and I had the choice, I'd still drive my GTI I think - I just like the way it looks as a car in it's own right. You'll never see them in the US though sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

This thread will probably answer a few of your questions though!

Yeah, what they said.

Tho' Rob I wouldn't call yourself a 'noob' as that isn't the nicest of names.. perhaps you meant newbie and noob means that in the states? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Fyggy)
Yeah, what they said.

Tho' Rob I wouldn't call yourself a 'noob' as that isn't the nicest of names.. perhaps you meant newbie and noob means that in the states? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It means that over here too, in my experience - what does it mean to you?

QUOTE(snoopstah)
QUOTE(Fyggy)
Yeah, what they said.

It means that over here too, in my experience - what does it mean to you?

QUOTE(UrbanDictionary)
1.  n00b

A inexperienced and/or ignorant or unskilled person. Especially used in computer games.

Haha that n00b got pwned.

General annoying 'text spk' typing person who is unable to use the English language as it is intended nor hold a meaningful conversation without resorting to petty insults etc..

Noob is spelt either with double o's or 0's in my experience.. I'll find the page on them for you. Hillarious biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Another good definition related to boards:

25. n00b

A n00b or Newbie, Noob is someone who can't use proper language online, and insists on using

'umg' 'ur' 'lolz', or in a phrase:

'hiyaz, i am new ere ow r u all???? lolz itz kewl ere mwah lozzaz'

They are ignorant people who love annoying people, posting in message board unnessesarily and are sometimes a very young age such as 7. Others, can be 18 and still haven't mastered they're typing skills.

lolz hiyaz mi name iz lozzaz and i am new ere!!11 ow r u????

luv yaz

lozza xXxXxXxXXXxxxxXx

hello and welcome to the forum mate. there is a lot of people joining lately..

its good to see the lupo is like in the US too. i think you should get one shipped out to you and have one of the few or even the only one.

rob do you have any volkswagen magazines were you are? if so is there any US lupos fetured?

cheers

chris

Don't think you can. Certainly can't import cars to Canada unless they've already been passed by some department or other - which means that there's pretty much no car you can import that isn't already available there.

With the US being so `emissions-concious`, I'd suspect the same to be true. Not 100% sure though.

Not true. Canada is ok to import from the uk as the MOT is more stringent than the equivilent Canadian. All you need is a special dispensation, when I was out there I went to 2 Euro only shows (`E-types`, MGBs and the like) and in the US I know of at least one Tafeta Lupo on Shimitt (spell) TH lines on the show circit.

:? Right back on topic (stop faffing about you lot) I love my Lupo GTi because it is A VW (Baby at that) it will bring cult status easier than the mark 4 golf Its quick it looks good and it got the best forum backing it.. LOL biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

PS Welcome Rob and good luck with your report

I love it cos I'm 6 ft 6 (or 2 metres in new money) tall, can fit in it with headroom to spare, and it makes me grin everytime I drive it. Plus it's got the "one more look factor", i.e. when I park it somewhere and walk away I always turn back for one more look. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ok I just got back to school i'm going to try to aswer all the qutions you guys asked again I'm sorry for my spelling I'm horable at it. he we go....

1. yes we get mags over here some us mags and some uk mags. I love PVW and would love to get a subsription but over here its $100 dollors a year.

2. I also would drive one over here If I was alowed. (funny how in the land of the free you cant do anything huh!) if it dosent pass a fedral safty standerd it is not awoud on the road, and if say I got one over here it would cost over 150,000 doloors to get the goverment to run the tast just to tell me the bummers do not meat the 15 mile per hour safty standed that your cars dont meet. (this is why our bumpers our biger and uglyer). so its unlikely I will ever see own one in the US. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

3. the comment about it neading a V8 and a roll bars was funny it made me lol.

4. the comment about gas prices, is true but I pesonly am not retarded and think the us neads to start makeing smaller cars.

it will bring cult status easier than the mark 4 golf Its quick it looks good and it got the best forum backing it.

I too think it looks good. I feel its more of a true gti then the mk3 and mk4 golf gtis. those to gtis were to big and heavy. the mk5 sound better (size and engine (lump?) wise) but I feel it doent look like a VW.

the frist timw I saw the lupo I was like "are thay makeing a retro rabbit?" the rabbit was the mk1 golf in the US. and I was feeling good about it. then I found out that it was not going to be sold here. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

anyways I just got grand trismo 4 for playstation. and one of the frist cars I got was a lupo. now I'm obsesed. In ten years (or something) when they can get one inported to cannada I'm try to get one. even if I can only drive it on the track.

QUOTE(Fyggy)
Yeah, what they said.

ya over here it just means newbie...

allthough I'm not new to the lupo or the vw world. I have a mk3 jetta (vento) and I'm in the processe of makeing it in to a two door. lol

its a 2.o 8v not a vr6, I like the 4cylender engines more then the six. I plan on boosting it with ether a supercharger or a trubo in the next two years also. mmmm

I live in vermont, a little state next to new york .

its snowy hear now so I have put off welding the doors closed till its warm out. but i just got GTI seats so I will still be able to get to the rear seats. I also just got a garrett t3 turbo for free! so I'm now thinking I will go that way for my boost.