need a new laptop...help!

marcusgrant

I need a new laptop, had my toshiba one for 4 years now or soemthing and i've been happy with it until the last 6 months as it been gradually dying!

Dont really want to spend more that £400 as i only use it for the internet and itunes.

I've seen this one in PC world and it seems ok? I dont really know much about all these processors there are now though? http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-np-s3511-a01uk-15-6-laptop-black-silver-09785382-pdt.html

if you can find me a better one for about 400 and why its good i would appriciate it :)

if you want to use over 3gb of ram, you'll need a 64 bit operating system.

glossy stuff attracts fingerprints like a booth babe attracts dirty old men...

Weight and battery life aren't really a consideration if you're going to be using it on a desk for most of it's life.

Laptops are a pain to work on, so get one with as long a warranty as possible, preferable a manufacturer's warranty rather than a post it off third party one.

Pretty much anything out there should be capable of running internet and ichoonz (even though it is a monolithic binary turd) although you'll probably want to steer clear of netbooks cos they've got tidgy wee screens.

I'm quite liking that brushed look of the dell case :)

HP all the way, my 6715s is 6 years old this year. Only things i've done to it are added 2Gb of RAM and Win 7. And it's quicker than all of my friends Toshibas and Dells.

Got a Dell 15 at home, wouldn't advice anyone to get one... they're terrible. Screen is shockingly bad, it's very slow and it just feels like it's made from the plastic tray from a box of chocolates.... :P