Running different wheels/tyres

RallyeBaz

After fitting the Estorils with 185 55 15 tyres the brakes have gone very dangerous. Had to stop quickly after just seeing a Gatso in time on the A1 and the car pulled to the left. Once you took your foot off the brakes the car felt like it pinged back to the right to straighten up again.

Could this be the offset or tyres ???

Just to confirm, are you running the new tyres on all four wheels, or just the front two, or some other combination?

Sounds like duff brakes, but as nothing has changed there, other possibilities could be crap tyres or unbalanced wheels. Do you get any wobbling through the steering at speed? Does the ABS trigger more easily than before?

Same size Avons front , Kingpin rears laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ( Found out they r remoulds )

No noticable steering shake

I'll check the directions tonight and put the old wheels on in the weekend to see if it is the wheels or brakes

QUOTE(Weeman)
Brakes need balancing ie right to left, as if it were the tyres the car wouldnt `re-react` with the brakes being released.

Had same issue with my cupra slammed brakes car went left took foot off it straightened up, £30 brakes sorted out it never did it again.

Thanks i'll get the local garage to check this month on the service

Checked the rotations this morning and they were correct. It only seems to be more noticable at higher speeds.