Best Budget Coilovers for 6n2

Markyc

Hi there,

I've got a polo 6n2 GTI and well i want coilovers for when i go to nurburgring in july. I would like a set of Ap's but i cant spare £400 on coilys before going but can stretch to £200 via mr credit card

There are a few options out there

JOM

Pro Sport

Unknow from Performance 3000

RaceLand

KW

Hot tunning

(most of these can be found on ebay)

Does anyone run any of the above?

Also i see people notching the chassie and removing ARB is this needed?? Im not going sump smashing low around 60mm ish drop allround.

Any Advice is helpful

Cheers Mark

My advice would be save up and get the best ones you can possibly afford.

After all, you get what you pay for.

Although the cheaper ones might be ok for normal driving I wouldn't gamble on taking them on the 'ring.

But that's just my opinion....

Dan

My advice would be save up and get the best ones you can possibly afford.

After all, you get what you pay for.

Although the cheaper ones might be ok for normal driving I wouldn't gamble on taking them on the 'ring.

But that's just my opinion....

Dan

i will be saving up and getting Ap's when i get back from ring its just i cant afford them ATM.

I cant go to ring running a std car tho!! :(

Knock KW off that list, they will be about £600ish.

The rest of the brands are all pretty much identical, made in the same place just painted a different colour and give them a different name. For £200 you will get exactly what you want. Lows and that is all. Dont expect great handling or a comfy ride. Also if you just fit them and leave them dont expect to be able to adjust them in a years time.

You wont need a chassis notch or arb removing for 60mm drop, that is for serious lows.

FK sorry my fault lol

they only will be on for ring and while i save up for Ap's!!

just go to the bank and ask for more credit, simples. Dont forget to account for the tracking setup costs. Also work out what the best front camber is for the ring, think its about 2 degrees iirc, but ask the polo ppol.

cheers for the input people!!

I think i can get a set of 40mm lowering springs for £50 BNIB so they might be best bet until i can afford AP's!!

Lowered but still comftable FTW! lol

i do believe there a difference between some cheapo lowering springs and eibachs!