Ats cups

Rudaz

Ok just polished a set of ats cups up but what I am needing to know is first what is the best sealant polish to use to stop the alloy messing up and lastly when I fitted one to my GTI it fit like a dream but the bore of the alloy was slightly larger than the hub so would I need spiggot rings? Does anyone run cups and do they use them? Also how would I determin the exact size spigot I need?

Any help much appreciated

Danny

May I suggest measuring then subtracting 57.1mm away from it. Seriouly how do people get by in life .

May I suggest measuring then subtracting 57.1mm away from it. Seriouly how do people get by in life .

But he's asking if he would actually need them... suggesting the size difference is minimal? :huh:

I would say he definitely needs them. You do not want the experience I had with my brother. Wheel falling off due to not having spigots. Think i might have made this up, but i think i heard somewhere that more that 50% of the strain is on the hub and not the bolts :confused: Im sure someone will correct me.

But he's asking if he would actually need them... suggesting the size difference is minimal? :huh:

Your just guessing there, and until he measures them both we will never know what the difference is and if spigots are needed.

Tbf they are still 4x100 so an educated guess says they were renault bore and around 60 mm I think

Edited by scotty_82

Thanks for the quick replys guys. I will look into measuring and getting some sorted cos the spigot rings I have at home are slightly too big. Tbf really no need for sarcasm was there? The difference doesn't look like it's too bad but thought I would make some effort to fit them correctly

Thanks danny

It was not sarcasm it was just an observation . You knew the centre bore was to big so it was a no brainer to measure the two bores and subtract , this giving you a width needed for a spigot .

Edited by scotty_82

My appologies then I've never had to buy them before because when I have bought other wheels they came supplied. Once I have done the measuring I will look around for some. :)