GTI Tyres - Ratings & prices?

zippy

Hullo folks!

Gonna need to get a couple o new tyres for the front soon, and am wanting better grip on wet/greasy roads than the stock items give me.

Wheres best to go for them & how much should I expect to pay? (i remember a post recently where I think someone had New Dunlops & was well impressed - but canna find it).

Also, the tyres are 205/45/15, yeah? Whats the Speed rating of them? (am at work & car's miles away in car park, just too lazy to go look! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ).

Yeah - look at the time, my job sucks!

:thumbs: Cheers! :thumbs:

Morning Zippy,

Usually get Angus Tyres in Arbroath to do mine, always do a good job and prices are good. Don't know if they will have the Dunlops or be able to get them but if they can't get near the http:www.mytyres.co.uk price I’ll just order them from there and get them delivered to them for fitting. Was going to change the fronts but might as well change all 4 and keep the rears for puncture emergencies. Rears are about half worn but had some big oversteer fun the last time it rained so they're grip is on the way out.

I’ll be speaking to them this week so will let you know if you want, maybe get more of a discount for 6.

Only tyre to go for is the newer Dunlop SP Sport 2000, V rated which is up to 149mph for £74.70 including vat and next day delivery.

:thumbs:

Prob my post a month or so ago you were thinking of as I got 4 new tyres. I got them thru mytyres.co.uk as well for about £70 each I think and got my local place to fit and balance them which they charged me a tenner for. Still cheaper than going to a franchise dealer for the tyres and after ordering they arrived 2 days later by courier. Service was really good!

Cheers boys.

Crusoe - I just got a phone number for my ex workmate who'se marrying the owners daughter from Angus Tyres (think I got the right place) - so he should be able to sort us out wi a deal...

We'll see what they say anyhows!

Gargoil, I'm away to look at the mytires site now as well, thanks mate!

My mistake, got them the wrong way round, want to go for the newer ones 8000s not 2000 unless you want to just change the fronts and keep them all the same till you replace them all. :thumbs:

QUOTE(bossjohnc)
D'oh!! No more 8000s on mytyres!

Heard that they're making another in our size soon though (Dunlop that is).

Anyone know when the new one in our size is due, might wait a few weeks for better ones.

i'll `E-mail` dunlop if nobody knows.

According to peter.wayte@goodyear.com The SP8000 will continue to be their premium sports tyre offered in the size 205/45/15 and there is no plans currently to replace it.

Looks like the SP8000 is still the one to go for, just need to find some. :thumbs: