ICE for beginners

Jack

all u need really is an aerial adaptor ( a couple of pounds from ur local ice dealer ( called an ISO adaptor if i remember rightly ) and something like an old set of headunit keys to get the old head unit out . just remember to `re-ajust` the wiring loom

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />+-->

QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)
just remember to `re-ajust` the wiring loom

What adjustments do I need to make to the wiring loom and how - I'm a complete novice with electrics/ stereos? sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Thanks! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

A few questions

1. What does ISO stand for (ie. what is an ISO)

2. What are trailing leads?

3. Is it obvious where the aerial adaptor goes?

Sorry to be a pain guys!

Jack

Trailing lead is where your VW wires dont just plug into the new unit. Its where your new unit comes with a lead the goes between the cars wiring and the unit.

The kenwood 3027 has a trailing lead

ISO Leads are the European standard Car audio wiring blocks. VW Use them

Yes it is obvious where the aerial adaptor goes. and your Kenwood 3027 should come with one in the box

• 2 weeks later...

After a little fiddling to ensure all the wiring was well out of the way deep in the dash, the unit fits flush. Used the cage it came with to get it secure. It is a snug fit, though.

Best £66 (incl. delivery) I've spent. Then Mrs J decides she wants a new car, so the Loop (plus Kenwood) might be going sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Might not get a chance to improve my ICE skills with subs and amp after all

Jack

• 1 month later...