bit of quick advice

Jnmercury00

hey there,

i was bidding on a 6 disc changer and i was winning until the dieing seconds. i was outbid and almost instantly i got a second chance offer come through, this would indicate that the guy got his mate to do some dodgy bid raising for him and he put the price too high.

anyway, i got a second chance offer of 170 quid for the changer. what would be the average i should pay for one of those??

ah but his one was fairly old and was skipping. i was tempted to buy his one off him when he was selling it but he was honest with me which was nice.

this one is from an 04 golf and is as new. the guy lives about 20 miles away so i might be able to drive to him to pick it up.

QUOTE(tdwindustries)
They really arent worth more than 100 quid.  They do come up on ebay for about 110 quid all the time, you just have to watch all the time.  New ones were 139.99 Buy It Now all boxed and packaged a while  back

on that note i think i will leave it cos i have had enough of paying over the top for things.

£110??

Perhaps the single CD player - not the in dash 6 CD! (That is what we're talking about isn't it?)

There's one up there for less than £140 that finishes today (and comes with a spare headunit!) although I suspect the price will have risen by then.

I'd tend to go with bossjohn here. Te cheapest I've seen enywhere in UK and Deutsch speaking countries (`6-CD` `in-dash` changers) were for ~£140 and they were only available in the country of a seller (no shipping to anywhere else than Germany, Belgium etc). Usual price hovers around £200, which is still 50% of new price anyways smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

well doesnt get away from the fact that John sold his for 100 and I bought mine for 100!

yeah but you guys bought/sold yours on here so you aren't gonna buy it for a high price , i got mine on ebay from a complete stranger and had other people putting the price up at the last minute.

anyways i was told it's 300 odd quid for one from vw so 170 isn't bad deilvered to my door.

There's one up there for less than £140 that finishes today (and comes with a spare headunit!) although I suspect the price will have risen by then.

by the way.............

that one went crazy, it finished at about 210 quid, i put a bid in of about 145 and then in the last minute about 5 different people bidded and it went for the price mentioned above.