fitting a boot popper

Richud

since i had my boot smoothed iv been looking at installing a boot popper, id prefer a genuine oem solenoid but i dont know where to source one from so would this be suitable?

popper

also need some tips on installation:

do i power the solenoid by connecting it to the battery?

will i need bigger cables to cope with bigger current?

i have a three button key fob, will this solenoid work from the button on the key fob?

or if someone knows of a suitable oem solenoid that could also be handy

cheers

Thats the same kit as what i got but i paid about a tenner and it was called universal popper or something. The button for it aint that good and the wires they supply aint no where near long enough.

ah iv found the cheaper one now cheers, to be honest i dont really mind that the button is rubbish because im planning to get an audi boot button and i dont mind gettin some more cable, i just want the kit for all the hardware im gonna need.

i take it this kit isnt compatible with the solenoid wires in the boot?

im not sure i didnt try i just ran a nice long bit of speaker wire instead. ive been trying to look for a nice button for mine, whats the audi button like and what audi it from?

theres a few here ebay

there all rather expensive and from the us thou lol

i found an audi one before but cant seem to find it now.

im not sure i didnt try i just ran a nice long bit of speaker wire instead. ive been trying to look for a nice button for mine, whats the audi button like and what audi it from?

Audi TT's have them.

got the solenoid today but i cant work out how the solenoid is supposed to return the lock lever to the lock position if its only designed to pull.

feel like im missing sumit here.

Am i right in saying: when you close the boot after popping it, the lever shoud then be returned to the lock position?

Edited by joeadamou

yer iv realised now, was getting confused because the guy at the body shop has had a go at using the old solenoid to act as a popper but it only pulls and is connected to the lock via a metal rod, so is holding the lock open. im currently having to manually move it back and forth lol.