KW V1s..

JoshLoop

Was trying to wind the fronts down and my drivers side wont budge. Ive unscrewed the little grub screw, its loose but the actual adjuster wont budge up or down, the coilovers are clean. Dunno what it can be?! Passenger side moves freely even though the grub screw hadnt been unscrewed..

Any help with this?

Edited by JoshLoop

Have you jacked the car up so the wheel is off the ground?

If the car is still on the ground the weight pushing on the spring will make it much more difficult to turn the adjusters.

Try soaking the thread around the adjuster in penetrating fluid over night and try again the next day.

Move it back up, clean the thread and WD40 it, then try again. If it still wont work it could be on wrong - although if you managed to adjust it when you fitted them it cant be that bad.

Were the two rings perfectly aligned? If there was a gap after you fitted them then they could have been forced over the threads over time I suppose

Aye theyre the inox line ones! Hopefully its something minor and not a ruined thread. Cant be bothered with the mucking around replacing bits!!

I would just jet wash them clean and try again, can't imagine you would have damaged anything.

Cool, ill give it a go and keep my fingers crossed. Cheers for the quick replies aswell, no ones interested on edition 38!

Have air ride fitted by Luke at Plush and they will be. ahhahahha