KW Variant 2 Rear Adjustment

Well its been ages since I last posted on here but Im totaly stumped with something & the KW website is useless....

Does anyone remember how to adjust the rear dampers on the KW Variant 2's?

I've had a set in storage waiting to go on for nearly 3.5 years, finally got round to fitting them only to discover the rears are 100x more uncomfortable than the knackered FK silverlines were! I think the rears were somehow adjustable by turning the piston? If anyone could let me know it would be appreciated as they're unbearable at the moment!

The front ones do, but the rears are different, I think I need to get the codes of them as they are actually Koni dampers labelled up for KW as part of the kit - Im guessing it was an early set of V2's? All I know is I might as well put block of wood in instead of the current set up as it'd have more flex & comfort! :(

Had a quick look in the dark tonight, the dampers are Koni top adjustable (stamped into the body) with KW Codes - 800 1101, Art. Nr - 6158000 (I think), Auftr. Nr - AKZ904. Still cant find anything about them, though! :(

clamp the top of the strut in a vice or use mole grips, just something to hold it tight. Fully compress the strut and rotate it untill you get the required rebound setting. Anticlockwise to soften or clockwise to harden.

Cheers Foxy, actually gave up with the KW website & went straight to Koni instead & found this handy link which shows 2 different types of shock, either way it looks like its a dampers off job. Nothing like duplicating your work eh?! :D

Edited by Max69vk

Well its been ages since I last posted on here but Im totaly stumped with something & the KW website is useless....

Does anyone remember how to adjust the rear dampers on the KW Variant 2's?

I've had a set in storage waiting to go on for nearly 3.5 years, finally got round to fitting them only to discover the rears are 100x more uncomfortable than the knackered FK silverlines were! I think the rears were somehow adjustable by turning the piston? If anyone could let me know it would be appreciated as they're unbearable at the moment!

jesus christ! max! didnt think you still had your arosa!!

You dont need to take them off the car to adjust them, put a set of mole grips on the very top of the strut and get someone to hold them or rotate untill they rest against the body of the car. Remove the bottom bolt compress the strut and rotate until your happy. Easy peasy, although changing both rear struts is only 20 mins work!

Yep still go it, no way its going anywhere as its only recently clocked 65k! I need to give it some TLC though as some muppet bus driver decided to obliterate the back bumper & squash the rear arch flare. Hopefully it'll be sorted by the summer if I can build up the motivation! :P

then i wont distract you by saying ive got a half finished smoothed rear with number plate reses taken out then :P