Any to go wrong early in life?

Throttle body's worth a clean, they gunk up easily on the 1.4 engines, especially if not driven hard. Get some carb cleaner that's safe on plastics and rubber (unless you want to dissolve some important parts of it!)

Other than that, full geometric alignment wouldn't go amiss, I usually get mine done every `15-20`,000 miles, and if it's been driven into kerbs or whatnot then it could be out a fair bit. Not much else preventative you can do, if it seems OK then it probably is.

my pedal box went at 22k. not saying its gonna happen to u m8 but i think its a recognised problem with the lupo. dont quote me on that lol its just that i had heard a few stories of pedal boxes fooking up and then mine buggered up laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

hi i just have had a new pedle box in my lupo s love the car but i must of bought a dog it stalls most of the time i have to clean the tb once a week to stop this it has a crap idle u would think it had wild cams i spent all the money i had saved for coilovers on keeping it on the road just to get to work to pay for fixing it again its never been right since day one has any one heard of a 75 bhp car that wheelspins in 1st 2nd without nailing it and eats front rubber like its going out of fashion but i love it it eats paxo vtrs and it is std just f**ked

• 1 month later...

Got my Lupo Sport from a 'one lady owner' too from main dealer. Gearbox went on mine with only 25K on the clock. Was told that its a common fault. Had the motor replaced for the electric window.

Not the most reliable motor I had and its a VW !

Had a 1.0 litre polo with 110K on the the clock, didn't have a single probelm and sold it when it was 9 years old. Just unlucky I guess !

My cars a year old, and Ive done 30k miles.

Its a 1.0E.

The lamber sender failed at £6k miles. repaired under warrenbty with no fuss.

The fan failed at £25k miles.

Again, replaced with no fuss.

Still very impressed with the car.

Just wanted to show both sides of the Lupo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />