Aaarrrrgh!

retro

Just picked up my loop from my mates house this mornin, and went to turn the VW Gamma head unit on, and nothing happened.

Its got a single cd underneath it, and for some weird reason, this is still lighting up?

Only problem now is that although the car is off and the key is out of the ignition, this light on the CD player is staying on. And, because the head unit above seems knackered, its playing nothing. It even stays on with no CD in it.

Just got the car home, and locked it up for the night. I got this feeling that after I come back from London after this weekend coming, i aint going anywhere in it cos the battery will be flat, and i havent got any soddin release keys to get the damn thing out :x

Ive even tried going via the fuse box, and pulled out both fuses for both units, and this mysterious light is staying on :?:

I am loathed to disconnect the battery, even tho i might have to in a bit, but does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? or can I improvise with anything else to use as release keys lol

just been outside, and this one is definitely bolted in, or is restricted in some way, shape or form sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i dont know if it has been worked on in the past, but its only a year an a bit old, so i dont know whether it may have been in for any warranty work on it in the past and they have bolted a new unit in from the back, cos this aint goin anywhere sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Guarantee it's not bolted - if you push the strips in all the way (and they're the right size) then it slides out with `finger-light` effort, if they don't go in all the way or are a bit small, it's a lot harder, but it'll still come out.

QUOTE(zippy)
Just pull like you were pulling Crusoe offa yer sister! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

think you'd have to pull her off me if she has any of your family features, i'd be the one trying to escape lol tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Anyhows...

Retro, sorry I kinda stalled your thread - but I found the credit card trick, and hauling the unit out by the tape deck worked no problem.

As for the original problem - hopefully it will be something as simple as a loose connection on the head unit, and a 2 min job to fix.

Good luck mate!