Clutch problems

Burnsy

Hi there just picked up my lupo gti today and it has a few issues which I need to get sorted but need some advice before going back to garage!! The clutch on the car is impossible, the biting point is on the floor so much so that the car still pulls away with foot on floor !!! This to me does not seem right but I'm aware that it won't be pedal box as it's a hydraulic clutch. It does engage ok but a little clunky when coming down gears! Anyone any ideas before the garage tries to fob me off

Your help with this would be appreciated

Chris

No slipping had it up to my local garage and the mechanic says either the system could need bleeding or the clutch needs replaced!! Booked in to garage I bought it for Monday.

It's a really good car just a few little things need fixing but as it's not a new car it's to be expected

Will the pedal lift if you hook your foot under it? Mine had a problem where the pedal would go down but not back up past the bite point. Turned out to be a gearbox mount had gone and as the engone was moving it was pulling the gearbox etc. Just a thought, but if I were you I'd just take it back and complain.

Nothing much really just the door straps clicking and a wire hanging down and some trim hanging off. All little things pretty great car otherwise and came with a load of paperwork showing all the work carried out!!

When is the timing belt replacement meant to be done?

The belts and pulleys were done at around 40k although water pump not done. Cars just shy of 80k so gonna have to get it done again methinks!!

I had a look at some of the previous owners posts and rs2quattro commented on the clutch being kinda strange?? Still want it sorted as it's not right no use when in 1st gear car actually tries to pull off with your foot down.

Although clutch aside had my first real blast of the car today on way back from work:-). Soooo good