car juddering when accelarating

burningsextornado

right guys this morning when driving the lupo i noticed my car felt like it had a flat..juddering at the front..i then realised going up a hill it was the engine...the car had lack of power and was juddering and struggling to get up to speed..a hill in which i always go up in 4th required 3rd this morning.........anywyas my thoughts are MAF sensor? just thought id get some opinions before i take any action!...thanks guys and a happy new year to you all!

a misfire will cause loss of power also..............

if your head gasket had gone it would misfire first thing in the morning and loose coolant, also if you gave it a quick run then pulled over and took the coolant cap off and there would e loads of pressure in the bottle also the coolant would spill out the bottle beacause of the pressure also when the cap was removed rev the engine and the coolant would rise quite a lot suspecting head gasket.

The (mayo) on the oil cap is normal its if your dipstick oil is white when you should worry!

If your car is overheating etc id say check your head gasket with the kit to be sure but if it isnt overheating then suspect its the coil first or ht leads etc.Start with cheap easy things before you start jumping the gun. Thanks.

Just noticed if it had full service check the ht are sitting right on the s/plugs spray them with wd40 when refitting,also check the s/plug gap etc incase they were just dropped in the hole instead of putting in with a pair of long nosed pliers.Mind the spelling lol im rushing as im at work lol.!

Edited by Damogti

Guest Jade.Lupo.Babezz

Mine had this, Changed everything bar headgasket as it was too expensive, finally got the hed done n it was ok but now my heads going again, cars not juddering as much as it was at first but it still does it occaisionally and on start up when its warm. Just get the headgasket done by a professional, cos thats where i went wrong :huh:

I think I might have this problem, but I'm not sure. It used to splutter really badly when i first started it up but then i did a good motorway run and now its fine? I checked the throttle body and it's pretty clean. I do very very slowly lose coolant but i think i have a small leak after it froze and overheated :blink: . Any ideas? Also on average how much would it cost for a professional to change a headgasket?

turns out it was the 2nd injector absolutely battered.new one for £80 and then all spark plugs as there filthy too.not found out how much the job is!

head gaskets = new gasket and the labour..depends if it need skimming so can vary from garage to garage relaly

turns out it was the 2nd injector absolutely battered.new one for £80 and then all spark plugs as there filthy too.not found out how much the job is!

head gaskets = new gasket and the labour..depends if it need skimming so can vary from garage to garage relaly

Cheers man, I found out that the engine mount has snapped today as well, not fun. Hope you sort yours out!

• 7 months later...

My Gti judders when on power, but really only in 5th or 6th. If I'm cruising on the m'way @ 60 & boot it, it judder/shakes a little, Oil cap/dip stick are fine.

I've only just got it & I'm going to give it the service works & change the plugs & HT's to see if that cures it before going down the coil pack route