Where's my old Lupo GTI?

Lord Hemming

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!

I used to own a 51 plate Reflex Silver GTI, it was a special car as it had every option available (Metallic, Sunroof, leather, heated seats and AC). What make the car extra special was it was fitted with Climatronic, not the usual AC button. The car was supplied with BBS wheels from VW too.

I would love to know where the car is and hope the new owner is enjoying it as much as I did.....if you own the car drop me a line or some snaps

Cheers

I'm sure there were many more full spec silver gti's around other than yours, needle in a haystack situation! All gti's came with BBS's from factory aswell by the way....

I'm sure there were many more full spec silver gti's around other than yours, needle in a haystack situation! All gti's came with BBS's from factory aswell by the way....

The wheels were BBS Split rims, I have never seen another Lupo with them fitted, it also had climatronic, there wasn't many of those, especially with leather and a sunroof. I can't remember the remainder of the plate as I drove it with a private number. The car was sold by a friend of mine in Essex about 5 years ago.

The car appeared to be a German Spec. as all the options were factory available in Germany, but the car was RHD with the original owner being VW UK, so it was likely a special UK build for a show??

Cheers

i didnt write it off, i knew the kiddy who did tho lol. it was a very high spec gti, i had all the interior out of it aswell as many other parts/panels etc

thats if its that one

i didnt write it off, i knew the kiddy who did tho lol. it was a very high spec gti, i had all the interior out of it aswell as many other parts/panels etc

thats if its that one

Nah not you,

I meant Rob GTI, but just found the old thread, he sold it to drummachine who wrote it off.

How much was it to bring that over from the US?

The shipping cost was $2200 insured in it's own container. As I owned the car in the USA for over 6 months and here for more than 6 months, I didn't have to pay import tax or VAT. If you find a car you like in the USA, add 30% (from Tuesday when VAT goes up) to the price for importing it to the UK.