how much does it cost get key made up

kev tdi

• 3 weeks later...

VW Charge £57 for the key approx and £50 to code it. And that's without the labour of an half hour on top (Even though it only takes them a minute probably)

Grand total of approx £140 a key.

I know this as it had to be done on my car - Was **** and I felt violated afterwards.

I think i was charged around £106 for a manual door key by VW, i must admit i felt pretty ill after paying that much for it :/ and because they had reset the computer they had turned on my service light, was not amused. Although the the manual key does come with an inbuilt torch, which i must admit is pretty cool :D

I have a 51 plate GTi and I thought I could get away with a VAG Tacho however would appear I run a Immo 3 immobiliser system and was basically pissing in the wind unfortuantely.

Immo 1 cars can be coded using a fairly cheap cable and a laptop. Anything newer then that may as well give up - You can get some local key cutting guys to do it if they have the right equipment and I think they clone the key rather then making a new one.

VW do charge a small countries GDP for a key cutting though - Bit **** really.