BBS RM alloys

R_Briggsy

Hi, iv researched into these and how the offset changes when buying wider dishes. But im just wondering what is a good width to go for and a good offset to have? Bearing in mind i want some good poke when i get a lupo, it will be a gti btw.

Standard the rm's iv seen are 7J and have an et of 30, would i be able have them 8.5J rears with et11? Or 8J et17?

One more question what is the widest alloy, and the offset someone has fitted to their lupo gti? Obviously id need some arch rolling Ect.

Any help much appreciated, cheers

Cheers mate, but im wondering, basically would a 8.5" et11 fit on the rears if they were rolled? And a 7.5 et24 or 8" et17 on the front?

That would be pushing it ALOT!

7J front and 8J rear would be better, still need archwork, think thats what CasperGTI's running.

Edited by 99hjhm

If you want them, you'll make them fit.

I had 15x8.5J et15 fitted on the back of my Arosa Auto.

with 185/45/15's

CIMG0249.jpg

38367_10150214150940246_530310245_13680783_1104869_n.jpg

CIMG0101edited.jpg

Edited by Jowey

yeah thats true, im asking as im new to lupos ect and dont know details ect like i do on my corsa lol

I completely understand you there mate.

I had a Corsa B for 2 weeks.

You'll definitely not regret the switch.

ET15 8.5J was just about doable on a non-gti.. with a bit of tire stretch.

Don't go wide for wides sake. the beauty of split rims is you can choose the width

and use spacers to accommodate.

Read a few of the GTI guys readers rides and make a folder on your computer save pictures of the wheel fitment with the specs as the title.. offset, width. tires size etc. and decide what you like the look of and go from there.

I completely understand you there mate.

I had a Corsa B for 2 weeks.

You'll definitely not regret the switch.

ET15 8.5J was just about doable on a non-gti.. with a bit of tire stretch.

Don't go wide for wides sake. the beauty of split rims is you can choose the width

and use spacers to accommodate.

Read a few of the GTI guys readers rides and make a folder on your computer save pictures of the wheel fitment with the specs as the title.. offset, width. tires size etc. and decide what you like the look of and go from there.

iirc dont lupo gti's have wider arches to start with anyway? So if i did decide to go 8.5" rear i could get it rolled with stretch and have a better chance of fitting?

Yeah thats a good idea mate, as like i say im a noob atm and as you can probs tell, just trying to learn more.

Cheers

Iv gone 7.5j all-round with 165 50 15 tyres and Iv got bags of clearence, I thort all rm's were 6.5J standard tho ? Iv heard that an extra 1.5 degree of camber can bring the top of the tyre around 5mm further in tho, so I'm planning on fitting the shims and then spacing as far out as I can with the 7.5j

My rears are 8J ET12 on a 195/45/15 tyre.

My fronts are 7 or 7.5J cant remember which with an ET of again about 10-12 with a 195/45 again

Rear arches are rolled but not rolled completely flat as that requires cutting and re welding really to get it right, get minor scrub on the RH arch when hitting bumps at speed.

Front arches are rolled completely flat.

John

Iv gone 7.5j all-round with 165 50 15 tyres and Iv got bags of clearence, I thort all rm's were 6.5J standard tho ? Iv heard that an extra 1.5 degree of camber can bring the top of the tyre around 5mm further in tho, so I'm planning on fitting the shims and then spacing as far out as I can with the 7.5j

that sounds good to me then. Your not too far from me so i may have to pay a visit one day, a mini meet type thing (i would be in my corsa lol) but then i could get some ideas and start getting to know people on this forum

My rears are 8J ET12 on a 195/45/15 tyre.

My fronts are 7 or 7.5J cant remember which with an ET of again about 10-12 with a 195/45 again

Rear arches are rolled but not rolled completely flat as that requires cutting and re welding really to get it right, get minor scrub on the RH arch when hitting bumps at speed.

Front arches are rolled completely flat.

John

nice one, i knew id need my arches rolled but this is starting to sound promising.