51 Plate Lupo GTI 6 speed - Selling soon, whats it worth???

plo

A bit cheeky I know (my first post and I'm looking for info on selling - sorry). smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm due to take delivery of a Skoda Fabia VRS in March and need to sell my Lupo GTI beforehand.

Reg 25/9/2001 .. 51 Plate Lupo GTI 6 speed. Standard car plus Reflex Silver Metallic Paint. 29500 miles. Based near Glasgow.

I plan to place an ad in Autotrader, but would appreciate some opinions on a fair sale price. The car has been well cared for and has a full VW service history. Last serviced 29/6/04 @ 25466 miles. MOT was done September 04 (expires 25/9/2005. Taxed till end Sept 05. Had the rear high level LED brake light replaced under warranty during September. Overall condition is excellent. I am the 3rd owner of the car (which maybe makes it sound like its a problem car - it's not honest). The first owner had the car exactly 1 year, as did the second owner. So I have had the car since October 2003. I was thinking of asking for £6750 ...does this sound fair? Tia

Thanks for your replies guys.

If it stops raining this weekend I'll wash/wax/vacuum the car and take some pics.

I used to own a Golf IV GTi T - great car. My sister has had 2 brand new ones in the past 4 years and has had a few reliability issues (mainly coil packs right enough), but she loves the car. The Golf doesn't feel as fast as the Lupo also no where near as much fun. I recently got my "big" bike licence and would say that the Lupo is nearly as much fun as my Suzuki DL650.... Like the Lupo the bike also does 240 miles between fill ups and feels rapid.

@plo, Hi , new member too. Truth is looking for a GTi for my wife and didn't know this place existed. Came on to look for a car and hey presto. I've sent you a PM with my number. Give me a ring and we'll have a talk. Or mail me .

Best regards, Chris Bow.

P.S top site everyone, looks like you'll have a new regular.

QUOTE(plo)
Thanks for your replies guys.  

If it stops raining this weekend I'll wash/wax/vacuum the car and take some pics.  

I used to own a Golf IV GTi T - great car. My sister has had 2 brand new ones in the past 4 years and has had a few reliability issues (mainly coil packs right enough), but she loves the car. The Golf doesn't feel as fast as the Lupo also no where near as much fun. I recently got my "big" bike licence and would say that the Lupo is nearly as much fun as my Suzuki DL650.... Like the Lupo the bike also does 240 miles between fill ups and feels rapid.

another man with a quick mode of transport! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> tho the DL wouldnt be my choice for the road!

Hi Bikerz,

..the DL's certainly no beauty, but she goes well enough. Once I get a few years NCD built up I'll maybe get something a bit more exciting.

Btw, just washed the Lupo today and took some pics. So if any potential buyer(s) would like a look see, then drop me an pm. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hi twistbroad,

Will take some pics of the DL and post them,,, bit busy studying (or at least I should be) for on exam on the 18th (which I thought was this Wednesday, but have just realised Tuesday is the 18th.. ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ).

Chis (S3BOW) is flying up Sunday morning to collect his Lupo. I'll be popping back here now and again to make sure he looks after it :!:

Car now sold to ... Chris.

Pleasure doing business with you both. Hope you had a nice drive back home.

Thanks to everyone on Club Lupo .... found a buyer within 24 hours of my first post biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Cheers

Paul

Damn, nice going!

I'm kinda worried about selling mine (if I decide to move on in the next couple of months) - I fear I'll either be left without any car for a while (which I can't really do as I need to get to work) or I'll have the Loop sitting on the road for a couple of months without a buyer :|

QUOTE(snoopstah)
Probably gonna make my decision on whether to sell or not in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

So form an orderly queue wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Why are you thinking of getting shot, and what are you going to get instead? Is this a recent decision? It made me go :shock: when I read your first post about getting rid especially after all the work you've put in.

Not put in that much work, really...

Considering changing for a number of reasons, but mostly because the Loop isn't fast enough for what I want, and getting it fast enough would cost a lot of money and leave me with a car that was virtually unsellable.

If I decide to make the change at this point in time it'll be for a S1 Lotus Elise. Truly fantastic car, and totally inpractical, but I'm at a time in my life when I can live with that. It's a huge change from the Lupo, which is why I've far from made up my mind (along with insurance costs being a big issue), but I'm very tempted.

Equally, I love the Lupo, it's rare, cheap to run, cheap to insure, great fun, looks good, and if I sell it I know I'll miss it.

I've never been happy with the `out-of`-box performance of the Lupo, but until recently there's not really been anything that I can both afford and that I'd like to own. I could buy a Clio 182 or CTR, but they're common, boring and expensive to run. I'd love a Integra DC5, but the combined cost of the car and astronomical insurance (Jap import only) means that's out of my reach at the moment.

The Lotus seems to combine great looks, a fantastic concept (it's a `mid-engine` RWD convertible sports car - what every 23 year old wants!), surprisingly cheap to run, surprisingly reliable, good residual values, insurance that is insane but just about affordable, tunable to a huge degree, rare, great `out-of`-box performance (`0-60` in ~5.5 seconds)

Currently far from decided though - things I've got to decide whether I can deal with are cost of insurance (a smidge under 2 grand), liveability (cold winter mornings are gonna be even colder), and whether or not my Mum's gonna kill me when she finds out I've bought a car with no ABS or airbags laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />