Craigs Blue Mk2 Arosa Sport

craigg!!

Update...

i removed the rear wiper yesturday and today the engine came out.

it came out really easy. just needs stripped down tomorrow. bit gutted to find the previous owner must have snapped a bolt in the rocker cover as one of the holes is full of sealer. this could be a problem but wel cross that bridge tomorrow.

heres a pic of how the engine is at the min.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTAtMjAxMTAxMTAtMTcwNS5qcGc.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work.

Dont get pressed plates please man :(

We'l see how things go :)

whats up with the engine?

It needs a head gasket (was loosing coolant and coming from the exhaust and had a mega oil leak also from the gasket) and a clutch and cable. so instead of just trying to fight around everything it was easier to just drop the engine. I stripped it down this morning and sent the head off to be skimmed so should be going back together tomorrow.

How the engine sits at the min.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTItMjAxMTAxMTEtMTc0OC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTMtMjAxMTAxMTEtMTc0OC5qcGc.jpg

looks good that dude, keep up the good work

nice to see another arosa in the area :)

hope to see this sometime soon

All the engine work is done, I got it back on the road on tuesday morning. It feels like a new car now. Iv never drove it with a normal clutch pedal so makes a good change from the stiff heavyness. Now its time to start saving for the next mods. Needs a good clean first after sitting in a dusty garage for a week :(

• 2 weeks later...

Another update...

Since i finished the engine work the weather has been too bad for a clean so today i gave it a good wash down.

No more mods have been done since the de-wiper just saving for a good set of wheels now.

heres a few more pics.

let me know what you think.

Before:

101_0075.jpg

101_0077.jpg

101_0078.jpg

After:

101_0081.jpg

101_0084.jpg

101_0085.jpg

101_0086.jpg

101_0087.jpg

101_0091.jpg

• 4 months later...

ok so i havent updated my thread in a while and quite a bit has changed since my last update so here it goes.

first new thing i got was a debadged front grill. then i got hold of some ta technix coilovers from adr1ch and a stubby aerial from the trust ebay. fit them and now i think the car looks a whole lot better i was also sick of the grey interior so got some autosmart carpet dye and dyed the carpets and also painted my headliner now the interior is a million times better.

just waiting now for my Porsche teledials :)

pics to follow

black carpets:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDEtMjAxMTA2MjUtMjA0NC5qcGc.jpg

black headliner:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDYtMjAxMTA2MjUtMjA1My5qcGc.jpg

With seats back in:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDctMjAxMTA2MjUtMjEyOS5qcGc.jpg

little pic of mine and my brothers st :)

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTAtMjAxMTA2MjUtMjE0My5qcGc.jpg

Lowered:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTItMjAxMTA2MjUtMjE0My5qcGc.jpg

Now im just in desperate need of some gti sun visors and grab handles :(

thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...

Got my new wheels on sunday and i love them :wub:

porsche teledials

15x7 on 165/50/15's

when i first got them on they were rubbing quite alot so had to do a little bit of arch work but now there spot on.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDctMjAxMTA3MDQtMTkxNS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDYtMjAxMTA3MDQtMTkxNS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDktMjAxMTA3MDQtMTkxNi5qcGc.jpg

Well this weekend me and my girlfriend went off to Alton towers. we went in her SportKa and left the Arosa at her house. as her parents are also away for two weeks on a cruise I upgraded from my usual parking on the side of the road to the drive thinking it would be safer. so up she went backed up onto the drive gave her a little kiss good night and left her like this (Saturday)....

PICT0874.jpg

Two days later (Monday night) we returned from a good weekend away got in the house and went to bed. woke up Tuesday morning went to hop in the arosa to go to the shop to get a few things to find this....

PICT0882.jpg

PICT0883.jpg

At first I thought stone chips, but how as they weren't there when we left on Saturday as id just washed my car and would have noticed, so i looked closer at the windscreen to find this....

PICT0881.jpg

PICT0880.jpg

PICT0876-1.jpg

PICT0875.jpg

At first I though maybe someone had tried to get the screen out but looking closely in the seals there was little fragments of stones the same colour as the ones on her neighbours driveway. all I can think of is some kids have been throwing stones and had a good go at my screen. gutted to say the least as its more expense I shouldn't have to pay :(

id camp out on her driveway and through stones at every kid you see walking past even youthes justice is served :)

or sit on the front step, with a rocking chair and a 12 gauge

:D