GOOD INSURANCE COMPANIES FOR A 1.4 SPORT?

lauras_lupo

So ive been driving my 1.0l since June and im bored already!

Ideally i want a 1.4 sport, but cant seem to find insurance under 3grand 3rd party?

I'm 18 (19 on the 20th) no no claims as of yet.

just want abit of advice really as to where to go next! or what i can do to mine to make it not so boring haha

thanks

im with admiral, 19 years old, 3 points, coilovers, exhaust system and airfilter all on insurance and 1 years no clame its 840quid a year. last year with no years no clame was £1274. so i would give them a phone. michael

It depends on your situation, and on where you live. Realistically as you are a female, you should be able to get a much better quote of at least below £1500 I'd say. Give us more a little more info - how much are you paying currently will give a huge hint, then we can give you an estimate of what we think is about right (although we are not insurers, you need to contact them).

Tips

Remember try a couple of comparison sites out (ie GoCompare / Confused are two good ones I've used, many others out there), then try a few other insurers that aren't included on those types of sites (Adrian Flux / Direct Line and many others available) - you should be able to get a very decent and fair quote then, as it will likely be the cheapest around after you have done that. And all that can be done in under and hour if you're quick!

@treblet - I feel your pain :D

@p900rty - awesome price there, that is really really cheap! When mine comes up for renewal I'll give them a call.

Edited by jackthewelshman

Like people are saying, ring around and see.

I found that Adrian Flux are very competitive and they have a sister company which i find to be better: Flux Direct.

Im quite lucky in that im 26. Fully comp on my 1.4 16v loop is.........ready for this..........£360 :coffee:

I can feel the hate :lol:

thanks guys i'll give it a try!

im currently payin 1350 on my 1.0l

Well you are going up 3 groups for an Arosa Sport, or going up 4 groups for a Lupo Sport. If you are paying £1350 on what you've got, and it was a good quote for your situation, then I reckon you are looking at about £1750 - £1850 as a good quote. However as a female, the price you are paying currently sounds quite high, I would have thought you could get a much better deal than that (unless you are unemployed, a student or have an undesirable occuption for the insurer, and in a bad postcode area). Did you shop around for it?

Good luck - get searching! And phone up your current insurer to see how much a change would cost if you haven't already.

Oo oo oo oo its the customary time for everyone to say what car they have, what age , how many no claims , what insurance company they are with how much they are paying.

Its like christmas

I've decided I'm not entering into any more insurance related questions at all.

I'm sick of the top trumps insurance attitude, it doesn't matter if you paid one price for your car, the next person will get a completely different price so stop going on about it!!

Well you are going up 3 groups for an Arosa Sport, or going up 4 groups for a Lupo Sport. If you are paying £1350 on what you've got, and it was a good quote for your situation, then I reckon you are looking at about £1750 - £1850 as a good quote. However as a female, the price you are paying currently sounds quite high, I would have thought you could get a much better deal than that (unless you are unemployed, a student or have an undesirable occuption for the insurer, and in a bad postcode area). Did you shop around for it?

Good luck - get searching! And phone up your current insurer to see how much a change would cost if you haven't already.

yeah i think its because i was a student when i got the insurance but im not anymore sooo should be ok!

So ive been driving my 1.0l since June and im bored already!

Ideally i want a 1.4 sport, but cant seem to find insurance under 3grand 3rd party?

I'm 18 (19 on the 20th) no no claims as of yet.

just want abit of advice really as to where to go next! or what i can do to mine to make it not so boring haha

thanks

nfu mutual, you have to call them, but they will give you a cheaper quote than anyone else, and i can guaruntee that they always pay up, and you get proper service, you send an email it gets answered, you call, a person answers. i would never insure elsewhere.

I am 19 with my own insurance on a lupo sport, fully comp after one accident (and im male)... £2700 till im 20 in November then £1900. I was named on parents insurance on my polo 6N2 16v at 17, fully comp for £355 a year, nobody can beat that.