Club Lupo rolling road day at Awesome

AwesomeAl

whats the crack with height issues in the rollers al? also i have no tow eye up front speak to me.

Single barrell rollers so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll get some pics so you can see what I mean. My only concern would be grounding the sills on the actual roller, however clever use of wooden planks should aleviate any issue.

** PM Sent Mitch! **

Edited by AwesomeAl

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Single barrell rollers so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll get some pics so you can see what I mean. My only concern would be grounding the sills on the actual roller, however clever use of wooden planks should aleviate any issue.

Bad news Al we can't do 20.11.10 as its Wazzas birthday & we will be partying.

We will have no problem bringing minimum of 10 Porsches & a Lamborghini Gallardo to you we are happy to collect monies ourselves.

Me & Wazza will look to try & sought out a date in New Year we will bring some top Porsche motors GT3, GT3 RS & other well race prepared Porsches down.

We are going to try & make it a big event but need some time to put they effort in & co-ordinate with our friends/colleagues.

We are defo up for it, interest is high, so have a look in your diary for 2011 & let me know of some decent dates.

I will speak to you about it when have more time, must get on busy busy busy

Gary ;)

We are defo up for it, interest is high, so have a look in your diary for 2011 & let me know of some decent dates.

No worries at all mate. I'll be going through the calendar this afternoon to work out the X-mas closing dates and thus which weekends we will be doing the rolling road days on next year :)

Would something in the new year / Middle of January or Early February be appropriate?

No worries at all mate. I'll be going through the calendar this afternoon to work out the X-mas closing dates and thus which weekends we will be doing the rolling road days on next year :)

Would something in the new year / Middle of January or Early February be appropriate?

March/April time better as we don't like to get our cars covered in salt :lol:

Would u fancy driving a Lambo in February snow after last years weather ??(see your snow plow pics as a reminder) the better the weather the more will turn out IMO

G

March/April time better as we don't like to get our cars covered in salt :lol:

Would u fancy driving a Lambo in February snow after last years weather ??(see your snow plow pics as a reminder) the better the weather the more will turn out IMO

G

If it wasn't mine, Yes :D I'd thrive on it lol! March/April shouldn't be a problem!

If it wasn't mine, Yes :D I'd thrive on it lol! March/April shouldn't be a problem!

Right we are defo starting to round up the troops & gathering interest

Probably best not to close to end of April as its easter & lot of racing on & if we aren't racing people go away for easter.

Give us some dates end of March/April time as we will plug it as a Spring bash drag out yer Porka & see what it'll do.

No doubt we'll make a fortune selling DME relays on the back of this cos they all fail to start the car when parked up over winter, Winner !

G

Edited by leweylupo

Still awaiting payment:

1. Sarah_Diamond - Lupo GTI -

2. Robgti - Lupo GTI -

5. MarkS - Lupo GTI -

6. chrisc - Arosa 1.4 16v Sport -

7. IDGM - Altea 2.0TDI -

10. VinnyGTI - Lupo GTI -

Payment reminders have been sent!

Edited by AwesomeAl

New List:

2. Robgti - Lupo GTI - PAID

3. 99hjhm - Lupo GTI - PAID

4. Copeycupra - Arosa 1.4 16v - PAID

5. MarkS - Lupo GTI -

7. IDGM - Altea 2.0TDI -

8. leweylupo - Lupo GTI - PAID

9. TWL - Lupo 1.4 16v Sport - PAID

Awaiting Payment:

5. MarkS - Lupo GTI -

7. IDGM - Altea 2.0TDI -

5 more payments required! :)

New List:

5. MarkS - Lupo GTI -

7. IDGM - Altea 2.0TDI - PAID

8. leweylupo - Lupo GTI - PAID

9. TWL - Lupo 1.4 16v Sport - PAID

Awaiting Payment:

5. MarkS - Lupo GTI -

4 more payments required! :)

Come on guys and girls!!!!!!

Thanks for your Payment Vinny! :)

1. Sarah_Diamond - Lupo GTI - Not Paid!

5. MarkS - Lupo GTI - Not Paid!

6. IDGM - Altea 2.0TDI - PAID

7. leweylupo - Lupo GTI - PAID

8. TWL - Lupo 1.4 16v Sport - PAID

9. VinnyGTI - Lupo GTI - PAID

2 more payments required! :) Pretty much confirmed now, but still need the remaining three!!!!!

Edited by AwesomeAl

Sorry I've not paid yet mate! :(

I might struggle to make the rr day currently, however I'm not sure yet so didn't want to back out if it turns out I can still make it!

However!

If it comes down to it and it looks like you're in need of one more payment or the day will have to be cancelled, I'll definitely pay up and find some way of making sure I can make it as I don't want to be responsible for ruining everyone else's day!

Hope this is ok :)

Sorry I've not paid yet mate! :(

I might struggle to make the rr day currently, however I'm not sure yet so didn't want to back out if it turns out I can still make it!

However!

If it comes down to it and it looks like you're in need of one more payment or the day will have to be cancelled, I'll definitely pay up and find some way of making sure I can make it as I don't want to be responsible for ruining everyone else's day!

Hope this is ok :)

Very thoughtful of you! :)

5. IDGM - Altea 2.0TDI - PAID

6. leweylupo - Lupo GTI - PAID

7. TWL - Lupo 1.4 16v Sport - PAID

8. VinnyGTI - Lupo GTI - PAID

Could Ideally do with another two people to complete the day! Of course we've got until next Friday/Saturday to get the remaining payments in, but the sooner the better :)

Could Ideally do with another two people to complete the day! Of course we've got until next Friday/Saturday to get the remaining payments in, but the sooner the better :)

Al my two mates with porkas have told me they have paid so this should be going ahead now??

I can't imagine them not paying. Warren assures me he has paid.

BMC fitted now so excitement building.

This event should be happening now as with my 2 mates that makes 9 paid unless my maths are wrong ??

If others don't pay i would be happy to split the difference between all of us that have already paid & pay you to ensure goes ahead & all your time & effort isn't wasted.

I can bring another mate with an M3 thats been remapped already but don't want to steal places from folk, if he won't come can easy get you another Porsche or something else tasty but IMO this is meant to be for the Club, I'll leave it with you

Gary :)

Edited by leweylupo

9. Porsche 965 Turbo - PAID

10. Porsche 944 S2 - PAID

1. Sarah_Diamond - Lupo GTI - PAID

9. Porsche 965 Turbo - PAID

10. Porsche 944 S2 - PAID

All Paid now :)

Of course if anyone else wants to have a power run on the day, We would be more than happy to take more pre-payments, or may possibly be able to add one or two onto the back of the running order!

I'll be back at a later date with some more details about the day!

Edited by AwesomeAl

Right guys, We're looking to have the rolling road started for 10am so would like to have everyone here by 9am-9.15am to make sure all the paperwork needed to be done before hand gets sorted nice and smoothly.

During the rolling road day, the workshop will be active and there will be one of our workshop technicians working on customers cars, so please if you are walking around the workshop at any point, pay attention to cars which may be moving around for your own safety.

The cars going on the rollers will need to be taken round the back of our building and parked up after filling in the correct paperwork where they will be taken in and onto the rollers through out rear workshop entrance.

Each car will be given 3 power runs on the rolling road and a Laminated graph will be produced for you to keep.

After the power runs the car will then be driven off the rollers and handed back to the owner inside our workshop for them to drive out and park up around the front of our building.

A quick note worth mentioning: If your car has ABS/Traction Control, You will notice after the power run the ABS/ESP/TCS light will be illuminated and showing a fault. This will clear after a few miles of driving and the ignition being turned on and off.

The reason this happens is because the Rear wheels will be strapped down and not moving whilst the front wheels are delivering the power.

This would be good fun to go to!

Shame i live up top of scotland!

Wouldnt expect much from the 1.0 beast!

You should put up the results of the day so we can all have a look ;)

As long as Ade (our IT guy) gets his Ass into gear, we should have the results up on our website a few weeks after the event :)