Knee Operation

katiestalker

I'm back home and feeling fine :D

I had a medial patella femoral ligament reconstruction :lol: Basically, replaced my ligament at the side of my knee with a tendon from my hamstring :)

Enough of this being on my knees business too! :lol: Cheeky gits! I'm a dancer so thats what causes my knee to dislocate most of the time. Well, not anymore hopefully :D

Very very similar to what my girlfriend had done , get the bio oil ready for when the scars have healed over , it will help soften them and make them less prominent .

Weird thing is you might end up with an area where you have no nerve feelings , i've got one on the scar on my arm , its a funny sensation .

Edited by scotty_82

Put the steelies back on... It'll be fine. Honest :P

:lol: No not gonna happen, ever :P

Very very similar to what my girlfriend had done , get the bio oil ready for when the scars have healed over , it will help soften them and make them less prominent .

Weird thing is you might end up with an area where you have no nerve feelings , i've got one on the scar on my arm , its a funny sensation .

Yeah they said I'd probably have an area where I have no feeling. I'm not looking forward to the cuts and stitches :( Already got the bio oil to try and prevent them a little bit :D

Have they told you to stay in a removable splint , i know with and knee lig and tend surgery there is always a chance of it being to tight early on and the risk of it snapping or tearing .

Please be careful not to over do it, and wait till the physio advices you

Edited by scotty_82

Have they told you to stay in a removable splint , i know with and knee lig and tend surgery there is always a chance of it being to tight early on and the risk of it snapping or tearing .

Please be careful not to over do it, and wait till the physio advices you

I thought they'd give me a splint to wear, but they put the bandages on after surgery then they told me after a day they'd need to come off to increase the amount of movement. So i'm down to just having plasters over the cuts and no bandaging. The physio exercises they've given me are mainly just tensing my thigh muscles and trying to bend my knee to get the movement back.

I'm having another physio appointment next week so i'll know a bit more then :)

sounds like a pretty straight forward op and it went well.

is it painful though? i fell off my motorbike just over 12months ago and had cruciate ligament damage...it took months for it to heal and its still bigger than normal and causes discomfort.

is it painful though? i fell off my motorbike just over 12months ago and had cruciate ligament damage...it took months for it to heal and its still bigger than normal and causes discomfort.

Yeah it was quite straight forward :)

It wasn't as painful as when I dislocated it and I've recovered a lot better :D

Aye, i ripped every ligament in my ankle after rolling it, couldn't put weight on it for 14weeks! Still causes massive discomfort every now and then 3 years down the line.

Yeah it was quite straight forward :)

It wasn't as painful as when I dislocated it and I've recovered a lot better :D

thats good news then. anything to help dance eh?! :lol:

Aye, i ripped every ligament in my ankle after rolling it, couldn't put weight on it for 14weeks! Still causes massive discomfort every now and then 3 years down the line.

yeah dude i was in a splint for 10weeks i think until i was even allowed to take it off. not cool

I never learnt. Did the exact thing to the other ankle near on a year after, this time a meta-tarsel popped out the skin. 3 ops later i'm walking strong, and back on my bmx.