New headlight bulb for the loop - Just bought some snazzy ones......

Lynsey

Hey I've just bought some new headlight bulbs for the loop :thumbs: :thumbs:

I expect you've heard of them but they're the new "Blue Vision" bulbs by Philips and they have a similar effect as the GTI Xenon lights tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

And just so's you guys know....Alan VW and Blue Loop both copied the genius idea from a girl wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Next step spoiler, then bumpers then maybe tuning..... :sigh:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the Philips White Vision in my Golf they were Very bright! I havn't seen the blue vision yet. For my Lupo I bought some bulbs off EBay, funky blue jobbies, they were only £4.99 for the two bulbs, they look like Xenon lights! They are cool they are not too bright. I dont know if they are road leagle or not I have passed the fuzz a few times with them on and they have'nt pulled me...yet! Next up is gonna be some silver vision indicator bulbs, the fronts look like fried eggs at the moment with the orange bulbs, I dont know if any of you have seen these bulbs? They are silver but flash orange!! yay!

I want to get some of those silver indicator bulbs too as they DO look like fried eggs right now smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Tell me if you find some cheap ones ok? ta smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Oh and Lynsey, me is still waiting for my bulbs tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(Alan VW)
did u put them in yet?

Nope haven't put them in yet - that's a man's job - too technical for me tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p

Unless someone offers to do it instead

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yep got them in the end tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> hey is one of the few things i can afford tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

just dont put your fingers on the bulb (glass)... or the filment will blow a couple of days later.

that happen to you? tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p

i want some of these for the main beam on my lupo.

i changed my sidelight bulbs on the lupo to piaa Led ones it makes a huge difference in looks!

the standard bulbs make a yellow ish light which means u have a bright white main bulb and two little yellow bulbs which look crap with the led ones they look just like the main bulb.

think thye're about £20 a pair tho.

where from. can anyone give me some info on the led lights. i want some urgently!

Only got one Bulb in the post!? mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

whats going on there, Blue Loop did the 2 come in the same box.... and how much were they each ? maybe only paid for one?

€16.50 is something i paid i think..

Mine came in a clear Philips box with the 2 headlight bulbs on either side and the 2 extra side lights (the small ones) slotted into the top :thumbs:

What did u get send then Alan? ???

Ha! believe it or not i still haven't received mines sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

OH and Alan i DID tell you the prices were for one bulb... I've payed something like 33€ for both but still aint got them sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

QUOTE(Alan VW)
hope i didnt order 2  :blush:  :D

And when was it u were booked in to have ur roots done again Alan? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

That "blonde" is sure showing through these days! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p

QUOTE(Alan VW)
Ok for the record!! im not blonde  :sarc:  :pp  :D

We know just kidding tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p

Let us know when u get ur "full" set of bulbs then :thumbs:

Coz u'll probably put um in before I get round to it :sigh:

I must have closed the window be4 i read it  :Pbiggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Ha Ha Ha tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Ok for the record!! im not blonde  :sarc:  :pp  :D

U sure? :sarc: :sarc:

Got my bulbs today biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Now how do you fit them? do the headlights need to come out or can they be fitted without removing the whole thing?

Will I need any special tools??

Now that [i:post_uid0]IS [/i:post_uid0] a question for a man.....!!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Anyone know then? I'll just get my dad to do mine - for a simple life :thumbs:

dont get halfords to do it. its quite difficult as there isnt much space. crap cant help actually as not sure about the big lights on non gti's. gti lights are different smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(jonblakeburn)
All you guys seem to have got the same bulbs from the same place.

Which bulbs are they?!  ???

For anyone else interested....the bulbs were from here.....

http://www.powerbulbs.com/

Click on the link for Philips Blue Vision bulbs for the ones I've got (and Alan and Alvaro....) :thumbs: