what 10" sub to get

right i have a budget quite low and i like my sound quality , i have been looking at about 180/190 quid inc. wiring , so on the short list were ;

audiobahn package-

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+3025

pioneer package -

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+2649

vibe package-

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+2923

so what do u recon , sorry tigz i couldnt find ur list of the good the bad and the ugly

i am strongly thinkin about it cause its 169.99 on its own or 179.99 with the wiring , so an extra tenner and your getting 20 quid off of ur wiring

ma head unit has 3 rca's with a 4 or a 5v output , amd i am thinking of hte sub running 1 rca and then having a crossover for the doors and tweeters but who would u wiring it if u were going to run a set of 6*9s off of the head unit

i looked at the wiring diagram for ma head unit there and ut says that the third rca can be used as the output for the rear speakers that way all it would take to run them would be a phono to phono llead to hook them up

it only takes simple speaker cable to run them out of the normal speaker outputs, so you wouldn't be saving on any wire or anything. i suppose you're headunit may not have a normal rear speaker output? either way i think it'll be pretty much the same.

sorry dude but i keep thinkin i'm not quite gettin your problem here, is there somethin i'm not understandin? feck it, i'm knackered and pretty much wasted so i'm sure everything'll make some more sense tomorrow

for such a small car the vibe would be more than adequat... (spelling!?)

dont use the speaker cables, use the RCA's, just get an RCA to RCA or Phono to Phono cable whatever you wanna call it, and whip it from head unit into boot

then all you need is an earth cable, from amp to an earth point, power cable from battery to amp, and a remote cable from the blue wire coming out the back of ur head unit.

for such a small car the vibe would be more than adequat... (spelling!?)

dont use the speaker cables, use the RCA's, just get an RCA to RCA or Phono to Phono cable whatever you wanna call it, and whip it from head unit into boot

then all you need is an earth cable, from amp to an earth point, power cable from battery to amp, and a remote cable from the blue wire coming out the back of ur head unit.

yeah all the wiring i need should come in the wiring kit shouldnt it , that as well as for the 6*9's my rear speaker output IS an RCA to i will jst just a phono to phono wire and that will be that

oh sorry i misread. DIdnt realise you wanted to run rear speakers.

If you remove your stereo you should have a trailing lead coming out the back that connects to your VW wiring loom. On this trailing lead their will be a pair of Green wires (One green, one green with black stripe) and a pair of purple wires (one purple, one purple with black stripe.

You will need to cut these, and join some new wires onto them, and run them down the side of the car to your parcel shelf.

Remember - Black Stripe = Negative

can't quite remember which way round they are tho.

I think its green - left, purple - right.

oh sorry i misread. DIdnt realise you wanted to run rear speakers.

If you remove your stereo you should have a trailing lead coming out the back that connects to your VW wiring loom. On this trailing lead their will be a pair of Green wires (One green, one green with black stripe) and a pair of purple wires (one purple, one purple with black stripe.

You will need to cut these, and join some new wires onto them, and run them down the side of the car to your parcel shelf.

Remember - Black Stripe = Negative

can't quite remember which way round they are tho.

I think its green - left, purple - right.

is that for running rear speakers , ( just ma head unit has an extra rca tht is for rear speakers / sub only so all i would need to do is connect it via rca ) or is that for wiring the sub cause what i was going to do is hook it up via rca then run the remote wire as well , run the 2 sets of rca's and the remote wire down one side then the power lines down the other

oh ****** it , lee is there any way that ur mate can wire it up for me , i'll get all the parts and if he does out of work i'll pay him , just i cant be ass with the whole wirirng thing , just i know i will end up buggering it up some how

RCA's go to amplifiers, Not speakers.

If your running your 6x9's off an amplifier then the Rear/Sub RCA would go to the amp, then a speaker wire from the amp to the 6x9's

However if your running your 6x9's without an amp, you will need to do what i just described in my previous post.

Shame ur in glasgow. Any closer and i'd have popped up n gave u a hand.

yeah i just read that in ma wiring guid thing for the head unit , i am a tit ! lupogti_lee his mate works for halfords , i'll speak to lee and see if his mate if i pay him will wire it all up for me , ask me about engines and bodywork i know about , ask me about computers and home hifis i know about , ask me about ice and i will end up accidentally setting the car on fire

just solved the problem of the rear speakers , mind i said that i was going to run 6*9s off of my head unit , i was wanting to run them off of the rca but u said that i would need to cut some wires well now i dont , just take the rca lead all the way to the speaker then put this bad boy in and it changes the rca to a speaker wire , jobs a good'in!

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product...hp?partno=PX043

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />+-->

QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)
just solved the problem of the rear speakers , mind i said that i was going to run 6*9s off of my head unit , i was wanting to run them off of the rca but u said that i would need to cut some wires well now i dont , just take the rca lead all the way to the speaker then put this bad boy in and it changes the rca to a speaker wire , jobs a good'in!

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=PX043

You can't wire a speaker to RCA outputs unless your putting an amp inbetween. I promise you that this is NOT what you do. Seriously now, If you arent running the 6x9's off the head unit, Use the Purple, Purple/Black, Green, Green/Black wires coming from your head unit.

If tigs was here he'd back me up, but since he aint said much since `x-mas` eve i'll just have to wait for another resident ice expert to evaluate my comments. (please bare in mind i've worked with car audio since i was 11 years old)

RCA's are a "LOW LEVEL" output designed to be fed to an amplifier, which increases the level to a "High level" output or a "Speaker output" If you wire a speaker to an RCA then you will get very little sound from them, and even that would be pushing it. I imagine you'd get no sound.

Plus i dont think your Output IC is going to like seeing 4 ohms on the end of its pre outs.