Lupo In The Skip?!

Kane988

right, ive had the car since november, and it failed its mot this week on emissions, and blue smoke. I took it straight into a garage where i have had work done before, and they decided the cheapest option would be to fit a new cat, do an oil and filter and try using one of those off the shelf quick fix things! This hasnt worked, which they did warm me about to be fair. The bloke who actually carried out the mot said the piston rings could be the problem... The word 'could'm being the operative! He advised me to basically...get a new engine, cos the costs would be similar, and a new engine would almost guarantee a pass. Im struggling to keep faith with the car, as i have spent alot on it already.. The question is..is it worth paying this 800 or so pounds, or are they worth anything engineless? Which am i more likely to lose the least from! Thanks in advance, Kane.

right on 3 occasions i have came across this and found a replacement engine from a newer polo/lupo, even if the engine codes are different, i fitted a later polo motor into nics old lupo, it was a newer car with individual coil packs etc but basically i retrofitted all of the old anciliaries and it was a little gem. engine from slavage yard £300 iirc.

right on 3 occasions i have came across this and found a replacement engine from a newer polo/lupo, even if the engine codes are different, i fitted a later polo motor into nics old lupo, it was a newer car with individual coil packs etc but basically i retrofitted all of the old anciliaries and it was a little gem. engine from slavage yard £300 iirc.

All that work then I crashed it :(:angry:

But it kind of worked out for the better