new hot start problem

HI Guys

Ok i have another query for you!

.. car starts fine from cold ..

intermittently ( can go for days without doing it then do it for a full day!) the car won't start if its still warm .. just fuel smell and seems to flood .. even garage couldn't start it .. leave it 5 mins .. starts straight away ..

wierd .. any suggestions? .. maybe its related to the cat fault that is showing on the diagnostics that i mentioned in another post?

what do you guys think?

Thanks

Hilly

Have you replaced your plugs, leads and coilpack already?

garage did the plugs .. not leads or coil pack... would you suggest them? it starts great from cold ..

.. someone mentioned for the other problem, the air flow sensor can cause cat faults to show up .. don't know why but i've got it in my mind it could be this .. but please someone correct me if you think im wrong and save me some dosh!

Hilly

if you mean the air flow problem i mentioned, ive not experienced it causing starting issues and it was on toyotas. tends to under fuel not flood as the heated airflow wire is covered in dirt so reads less air going in than there actually is. can clean it and try but dont think it will help. may get rid of the fault code but you would need a garage to check the wave form of the upstream and downstream sensors to see if the cat looks like its working. possible temp sensor for the engine management for poor warm start?

Edited by jonnykell1980

Hello i have had this same problem, when it starts from hot its only on 3 cylinders so i recon its an injector clogged up with fuel, a friend reccomended trying some redex injector cleaner in the fuel to clean the system through. Other option is to take the injectors out and see if there is fuel getting through.

Hello i have had this same problem, when it starts from hot its only on 3 cylinders so i recon its an injector clogged up with fuel, a friend reccomended trying some redex injector cleaner in the fuel to clean the system through. Other option is to take the injectors out and see if there is fuel getting through.

sounds reasonable .. kind of ties in aswell .. I started it yesterday when it did it and it sounded like it was trying to start on 3 .. it kind of fired then died straight away and gave it full throttle and it picked up .. daughter says it smells of fuel like flooding too when it happens .. cheers for the feedback .. i'll let you know what i find..

Hilly

where do you get fuel? heard supermarket fuel is causing a whole heap of problems with petrol and diesel injectors, supposedly leaves a residue inside them and makes them stick. so he might be onto something, maybe they are sticking open when hot and flooding it. if it is supermarket get some decent fuel and a good fuel additive. worth a try.