Boot warning light

baj

The old `boot-open` warning light popped on at random tonight whilst driving along. I pulled over, checked the boot but it was firmly shut, i slammed it shut again and the light went off, continued on my way only for it to light up again a mile down the road :?

Again i opened the boot, slammed it shut again, light went off, drove another mile and ping, its back on!

Any bright ideas before i take it to the monkeys to look at ? Anyone had this happen before ?

My warranty runs out next week as well!

Interesting that!

I also noticed today that my `rear-wash` wipe was only squirting half way up the window compared to normal! I thought it was because my washer fluids were low though! Never thought it was related. Hmmm

right !!!

cant get vw to look at it until next week sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i cant see out the bloody window as its covered in *****!

and to top it all off the alarm is now going off all the time!

god damn it!!!

how can i stop the alarm setting? is it double press the lock button? or lock it with the key?

Try locking it with the key, I think that does it... again, common symptom of the dreaded rear wash pipe breaking.

Edit: Apparently pressing lock twice on the remote disables the alarm... check the LED by the inside lock - if it's flashing the alarm is enabled.

If you want a go at fixing it yourself, there are instructions around here.

This happened to me last week. Up and down all morning from 6am

Your rear wash/wipe pipe has come loose inside the boot and is leaking water directly onto the boot catch/boot open sensor, therefore giving a false reading to your alarm that the boot is open hence setting your alarm off.

Quick Fix (as I found no way of locking the car without setting the alarm, even after following instructions in the manual)

If you take the inside plastic cover off the boot (2 torx screws inside each handle to pull the boot down) and locate the wire that goes to the metal catch/lock for the boot. Disconnect this and alarm will stop going off.

Downside is your alarm will not cover the boot but ultrasonics should pick up any movement anyway... gotta be better than the alarm goin off all the tiime too.

Thanks, I tried the "turn the key too the lock position twice within 1sec", it seemed to have worked, well the alarm's not going off at least ..... i hope!

Booked it in Friday for the monkeys to take a look at it.

Got it sorted today, took it into VW and they replaced the rear wash pipe connector or something!

When i picked it up i went to check over the boot and noticed that something had come lose inside the handle part area, something was in there rattling about. Had to go back into see the service guys, wait another 15 minutes and then some bloke just handed me the key and walked off. Not a sorry, not a merry christmas, not a hi, thanks, or bye!

Great customer service! :shock: Complete muppets!

if i was you i would take the boot trim off and glue the pipe end to the motor pipe where they join as it will just pop off again. mate works for vw dealer and that is all they do they dont put new one on as it is a design fault so just glue the 2 bits together also behind the N/S/R 1/14 trim there is another join which comes apart glue that aswell.

Marky