which of these coilovers to buy

i know they are both budget, but m.ot time is just around the corner and just had my cambelt n handbrake cables done, abit hard to do stuff to my motor whilst running a house lol

FK AK's dont lower at the rear? iirc it's a fixed 40mm drop. :coffee:

Open to correction.

Edited by richcr

Probably last twice as long and are twice as good though? :lol:

haha, very true.

End of the day, like most things in life you get what you pay for.

If you're purely looking for a good drop then TA's or basic FK's do that.

you have to remember that as well as buying these cheeps coilovers you need to get all the alignments done. This cost me £100 (seems a lot though?... was done with lasers though and a before and after print out). Then the increase in insurance.

Basically, its not just the price of the coilovers!

basically when you put them one the front wheels will just be pointing in any old direction and most likely have camber that wont match and be too much. You'll get through tires in no time, literally weeks (from what i've been told/heard)

£100 for alingment?! Got mine done for £45 and the tie rods where neraly rusted solid.

All laser alinged and got a before and after printout and got walked through what had been done aswell.

The Fks are a cheapo budget set imo, as KWs are around £600 I think £400 is more midrange stuff (like the APs)

And you'll deffo need the tracking done, you can set the camber at a sensible amount by pulling the top of the wheel out before you bolt every thing up tight, but it'll be the toe that really neeads sorting.

yeh i do want a nice drive i do a 100 mile round trip 2 work every 5 days a week so iv prolly answered my own question lol stop being a tight git and by sum AP's

If you can stretch as far as the KW's Id go for them but, if not go for the AP's. I have them pretty low on the front and no adjuster on the back and even my dad doesnt mind the ride, so having them at a more sensible hieght will give more shock travel and a better ride.

Hope this helps :)