Cup Holders

Hello, I recently purchased a green W-Reg 1.4 Lupo. There are a few questions I have though.

Firstly, the dash which shades the dials rattles a bit. When you start the car it is fine because the rev counter goes to about 10 but waiting at lights, it drops to about 7 and makes a hell of a noise as it shakes.

I was also looking at replacing the coin tray with cupholders, where is the best place to get these from? I've seen some threads showing how it's done but I'd rather avoid eBay if possible.

The thingy above the dials can be split in two. Just undo the two screws that is located on the inside of the shade, right above the dials.

And after this is done you will see where the rattles comes from. I used some foam in all the places where the outer part connects to the inner part of the shade part and all my rattles disappeared.

And I got my cupholders from my vw dealer.

Thanks for the replies, I'll take a look, just found the screws now.

Reason being I want to avoid ebay is that I'm a new driver. First car and I'm 17 so I can't use ebay yet. I'll have to find someone to get it for me.

at idle it should be between 7 and 8 on cold days itll go upto around 10 on startup and readily go down once warmed up

I'm not quite sure what they should be to be honest. The car was only working for a few days so I didn't really notice. A few days after I bought it, it started idling and cutting out. It cut out over 15 times in about 4 miles then when I pulled up, smoke started to come out of the steering wheel. We used some carburetor cleaner which has done the job for now but it is going into the garage soon.

Sorry not a very good picture, but if you see where these cupholders are...

gs_7_1.jpg

...check inder the dash and see if you have four mounting holes and a couple of slots ate the rear.

If they're not there I reckon you should be able to drill the holes and srew through with screwhead bolts and nuts with large washers. And probably cut of the locating tabs that the slots are for.

I don't know, it's not my car. The image is off of Google.

AwesomeAl has a thread for mats and Justmatz.co.uk can supply OEM style also.

My local VW dealer says red edged GTI mats aren't available anymore, but I think single colour ones are.