Advice please anyone

rostrumdiva

We are bringing our much-loved vw lupo 1.6 gti 2001 to the UK shortly, having lived and purchased it in Spain. It's obviously a left-hand drive and we would welcome any advice please regarding the possibility of selling it together with its value. The car has 120k on the clock, is in excellent condition and has all the usual documentation. Are left-hands saleable?? All help gratefully received. If we were not returning to the UK for ill-health, we would not be selling this little beauty.

I would say yes it will be sellable. I assume the 120k will be kilometer, not miles.

LHD may reduce price though. Would you not be better selling in Spain and then re-investing once here?

I don't know if this applies to the Lupo GTI's, but a lot of Xenon Equipped VAG cars can be put into 'Tourist mode', which blocks off a segment of the beam pattern in a similar way to which deflectors would do.

I don't know if this applies to the Lupo GTI's, but a lot of Xenon Equipped VAG cars can be put into 'Tourist mode', which blocks off a segment of the beam pattern in a similar way to which deflectors would do.

I'm going to germany soon and that's the first I've heard of this :( haha

I just bought some beam deflectors!

Does anyone know how to do it?

Vagcom?

:)

Edited by MarkS

Just done a bit of research on here.

From what I can tell, you can't adjust Lupo xenons to drive in Europe/UK and you can't use beam adjusters. The only thing you can do is buy left hand drive xenons or right hand drive xenons!

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15814&st=0&p=203750&hl=gti%20abroad&fromsearch=1entry203750

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12959&hl=

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25908&st=0&p=325058&hl=gti%20abroad&fromsearch=1entry325058

Hope this helps :)

To register the car here, you cannot use beam adjusters. We tried that with a new M-class my Mum bought last year and all the lights need to be correct for UK use.

Do the lenses not turn at the back like the BMW E30 projectors used to?

Do the lenses not turn at the back like the BMW E30 projectors used to?

Apparently not mate :(

I think the general rule of thumb is that there's a little switch on the back that can switch the lights for use abroad but there seems to be an exception on the Lupo GTi for some reason!

Edited by MarkS

Many thanks guys for all your answers and I think this has made my mind up not to bring the car back to the UK but to sell it here, in Spain, before we leave. I have contacted a couple of dealers in England and they only offered £1,300 for it and I'm not sure that this would be the right value, perhaps it is? Such a shame, I do love my little car.

2nd hand head lamp units do come up fairly regular and would be a fairly simple swap. You could then sell yours on eBay.de or such to pull some money back. I think a left hooker would be interesting.

:)