Supercharging in depth

Ralphy

Just been on phone to PSi Tuning ! And asked about conversion ! And he said he would do g60 conversion on my loop for 5000+ vat ! I asked for a different charger which would boost price up alot :( Time for saving i say ! Might read the thread about the g60 conversion in a loop !

Just been on phone to PSi Tuning ! And asked about conversion ! And he said he would do g60 conversion on my loop for 5000+ vat ! I asked for a different charger which would boost price up alot :( Time for saving i say ! Might read the thread about the g60 conversion in a loop !

They'll do a spot on job though don't worry bout that :) and as i found when i was getting mine done there they were quite cheap compared with the phirm, storm and especially JBS!! as well as a couple of others, i know its not the same conversion but just thought I'd throw opinion in for gd measure :) lol

Sam.

Yeah man your the reason i rang them lol ! wanted your conversion however so expensive and that is without extra's ! See i would want some loud bov/chatter and some extra bling aswell so lol !

G-lader is stock they would supply a engine with the g lader ! However if i wanted for example Bahn or eaton its a extra part :( Dunno ! I want a loud charger like the whine of yours :) love it ! I bet u get so many looks driving down road dont u ?

If i had to fork out 5k plus in one lump some just to get an engine put in then then id be seriously considering just buying a bigger engined car as standard .

In my eves just paying for it to be put in just doesnt add up, each to their own though .

Quick update ! Got a polo gti engine for 160 pounds today !!!! which is more than chuffed with however comes with no gearbox and no loom have ecu tho ! Havent payed yet so could get cheaper as he is a close mate !!! Could i just use the polo gti engine for supercharging or is there any thing specific needed from the lupo gti ????

Mike

Hmm considering ! Putting gti lump in. And then tuning that slightly with some new internals ! etc !! what sort of power do u recks could get with a polo gti engine ? Ideas guys !!! Mike

This is the 1.6 16v lump ! Urmm dunno really it all depends on how much is saved and if i have a cheap year ! U never kno what could happen ! i think this supercharging business will keep me off road too long ! Unless i can find company who can do work for me :blush:

G-lader is stock they would supply a engine with the g lader ! However if i wanted for example Bahn or eaton its a extra part :( Dunno ! I want a loud charger like the whine of yours :) love it ! I bet u get so many looks driving down road dont u ?

the noise is great, good luck on it being a daily though. my old m45'd polo was stupidly loud but yes, i think it turned heads more than any other car i've ever owned.

a g60 on toothed belts sounds fantastic though.

personal opinion here, but i would definitely just save up and buy a faster car. My VR6 cost sod all but I am quite confident it'll be just as quick as some of the eaton'd Lupo's running low boost. First rule of thumb when building a fast car on a budget - start with a fast car in the first place. :)

This is the 1.6 16v lump ! Urmm dunno really it all depends on how much is saved and if i have a cheap year ! U never kno what could happen ! i think this supercharging business will keep me off road too long ! Unless i can find company who can do work for me :blush:

same as the gti lump then... try storm for quote, mines just gone tits up but poss easy fix im hoping

the noise is great, good luck on it being a daily though. my old m45'd polo was stupidly loud but yes, i think it turned heads more than any other car i've ever owned.

a g60 on toothed belts sounds fantastic though.

personal opinion here, but i would definitely just save up and buy a faster car. My VR6 cost sod all but I am quite confident it'll be just as quick as some of the eaton'd Lupo's running low boost. First rule of thumb when building a fast car on a budget - start with a fast car in the first place. :)

Your polo was insanely loud. Although i can appreciate it when you say its loud. Before i changed the way mine was piped up it was over the top loud. And was a pain to do long journeys with.

Now when cruising along, its more the exhaust note than charger whine you can hear. Untill you give it a bit of throttle.

to put it in comparison, i handed a 200bhp vr6 its ass on the way back from UD, he dropped a cog, and i pulled away in 6th. Im not low boost though!

The vr6 originally did 60 in 7.1 seconds. Faster than a standard gti on paper, but to be honest you need less power increase on the lupo to beat a modified vr6 due to power to weight and all that jazz.

think the diff on 0-60 is less than half a second, but like you said john power to weight ratio means tuning is more rewarding on a gti.

would love to see a vr6 try its luck against you haha

when i get a chance i will reply back to your pm only just got on a pc

Your polo was insanely loud. Although i can appreciate it when you say its loud. Before i changed the way mine was piped up it was over the top loud. And was a pain to do long journeys with.

Now when cruising along, its more the exhaust note than charger whine you can hear. Untill you give it a bit of throttle.

to put it in comparison, i handed a 200bhp vr6 its ass on the way back from UD, he dropped a cog, and i pulled away in 6th. Im not low boost though!

The vr6 originally did 60 in 7.1 seconds. Faster than a standard gti on paper, but to be honest you need less power increase on the lupo to beat a modified vr6 due to power to weight and all that jazz.

A full weight Lupo GTi is not a great deal lighter than a Mk3 VR6, about 200kgs I think, and I've shed some serious weight out of mine with more to go. Obviously if you then add on big heavy leather seats and a stereo and what-not, it all adds up, plus the weight of the charger and pipework and intercooler, blah blah. I'm sure the Eaton set-up on my G40 added a good 50-60kgs to the car and that was the stock intercooler. :)

I seem to remember videos of PaulBin's car popping up and it only doing 15 second passes, that's nothing special, unless he can't drive for poop.

Your car is a totally different beast though, a lot more boost and an extra 40-50bhp over these other Eaton conversions, and I really hope you can get it down the strip with some proper tyres on because I'm convinced it wouldn't be far off a 13 second pass if you can launch it properly. I'd still give it a go purely because I'd love to see the comparison, win or lose, it's always interesting. Don't worry I wasn't saying my VR would be quicker than your GTi, that would simply be defying maths and physics, which don't lie... :)