Bogging Lupo.

Rightyho.

Sometimes my lupo cuts out if i dip the clutch in, or it'll cut out if i start it first time on a cold morning and dont apply revs...

I’ve seen the other thread regarding cleaning the TB etc, but that didn’t make a difference for very long last time (Although I will try again this weekend).

Now, over the past few days its started to bog on me, if I’ve just started the car and drove it, in any gear if I try to rev over 2.5k revs it will just bog down and sound like its being choked of air…

So what would the solution be? Throttle body? Air filter?

Cheers,

James

Checked everything earlier...

Spark plugs 1 and 4 were dripping with oil when i took them out, 2 and 3 were dry and fine...

Cleaned them and put them back in, gave the airbox a little clean and put it all back together.

Still doing the same...

Anyone got a clue?

Coilpack?

Possibly breaking down and not giving spark on 1 and 4.

Does the Lupo have one or two coilpacks? My Punto was doing the same and one coilpack was failing. Fixed that one and then the other failed.

I had the same problem from 2 days ago. yesterday I cleaned the throttle body, changed plugs as they where filthy and the tip had worn down and the gap was quiet big, cleaned the air filters and box, I also made a few small holes in the air filter. once i put everything together again and drove the car it seemed more responsive. I haven't had any problems yet but I'm still giving it a few days before I can say everything is OK. =D

Qas

glad to hear its gone well for you, i had that with my mini, revs where too low and engine would just cut...this happened to me on a motorway luckily there was traffic so i managed to pull over and have recovery sort it out!...

the Lupo seems to be running fine for me now!

Peace

Qas

• 1 month later...

Right, its been doing it for ages and i thought the piston rings were gone as i was told...

Did a compression test and all 4 read around 150PSi.

Was told by two people to clean all my breathers, change the oil and the oil filter...

The breather pipe going into the airbox gets blocked and oil is in there too...?

Should this hopefully sort it?

I had a similar problem that my car would have like mini judders and it wouldnt accelerate very well

What i did to fix the problem was to block the small pipe that goes into the left hand side of the airbox with my thumb and got my mum to rev thge engine a lot i let her do that for a bit and released my finger and loads of sludge flew out. I repeated the procedure a few times and hey presto its a lot better

Hope that helps

What i would do pall is get it on vagcom and see what error codes its throwing up.

And if your going to clean the breathers, get on your back, look up at the back of the engine, and you will see like a black box whip that off and get all the **** out of it no point just cleaning the pipe as it will just get gunked up again by the gunk left in the breather box.

was the oil on the tip of the spark plug or the porcelain part? you could have a piston ring issue and get a decent compression if theres oil in the bore, as it settles around the edge of the piston and acts as a seal. this method is sometimes used to diagnose rings - low compression squirt a bit of oil in and retest, if compression comes up its a ring problem.